Lockdown Blues

Lockdown Blues  

Page 4 / 6
  RSS

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 9:50 pm  

@lexi, Happy to oblige. It should be good if the sun emerges tomorrow. It's funny that I don't seem to have many snow photos considering the amounts of the stuff we get here in a typical winter.

OK, a shot of the backyard after a little sticky snow we got last October 30th when leaves were still on the trees and another from our bedroom window of roughly the same area this morning. We got a good 14-inches here, I'd guess, though it's hard to gauge with some areas bare and others covered by 3-foot deep drifts. Gray, cold, windy and I'm not really looking forward to spending hours at back-breaking labor out there...

1612278920-IMG_1120.jpg
1612278986-IMG_1210.jpg
1612279036-IMG_1212.jpg
1612280626-IMG_1213.jpg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
05/02/2021 2:38 pm  

For Berlin, the heaviest snowfalls since 1978 are predicted for the coming days. If it actually gets that dramatic, I'll let you know. The funny thing is: I realize that even such an announcement doesn't bother me, because at least it sounds like a change from the dull Corona routine...

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
05/02/2021 2:50 pm  

@herringbone. We are apparently due snow on Monday, coming from the East ; probably having visited Berlin!! There maybe none left 😣 

@tktoo2. I never got a notification for this thread, so only seeing your pics now. Lovely.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
05/02/2021 2:58 pm  

@lexi, Thank you! Though, to be honest, it really wasn't the most photogenic storm and our place has looked better. We're letting mother nature have her way with a lot of the property and the wildlife seem quite appreciative of this lately.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
05/02/2021 3:14 pm  

@tktoo2; On a plot your size, Mother Nature has it's place...

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
05/02/2021 3:18 pm  

@lexi I keep my fingers crossed that there's enough snow for both of us.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2021 12:04 am  

@herringbone, @lexi, We've been getting enough here to share lately!

1612998248-IMG_1234.jpg
1612998300-IMG_1235.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
11/02/2021 7:34 am  

@tktoo2. Wow, lovely. So far we have had just the odd little flurry. Melts quickly. It is very cold though. We may have some tonight as there is a warm front moving in .......

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
17/02/2021 12:32 am  

I kind of feel relieved, because it‘s getting warmer now. Finally. When the snow came two weeks ago, it was much less than expected. Not the blizzard they promised, just a fair amount of snow. But it got freezing cold, down to -15 at night,  it hasn’t been like that for years.  And this really added to the lockdown blues. This and of course the fact that they extended the lockdown to March.  I’m really up for a weather change now.. .

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
24/02/2021 7:40 pm  

You know pandemic lockdown protocols have taken a toll when:

You casually mention to your spouse over lunch that you are considering Chinese takeaway for dinner and they reply, "You should probably call before you leave to pick up so that it'll be ready when you get there."

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2021 4:02 pm  

@tktoo2. Same situation here. Takeaway meals require military style planning.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2021 5:31 pm  

@lexi, It was funny because we've only ever telephoned our takeaway orders in. Only recently, with the pandemic, has online ordering become more common out here in the boonies. I might have pointed this out in response to my beloved, but I'd have likely ended up having only my cold fried rice to sustain me during my overnight out in the garage. She is in charge after all...

Speaking of online ordering, the system Massachusetts has in place for vaccine appointments is a disaster of epic proportions for which our Governor bears most if not all responsibility. So much for his status as the most popular Governor in the country, Charlie Faker.

And, speaking of online disasters, it's become increasingly difficult to care about this forum anymore when even our gracious hosts seem unable to. We gets wots we pays for, I guess.

Keep well, all. Nothing lasts forever.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
27/02/2021 1:52 pm  

Dearest @tktoo2, I feel you. I‘ll write a mail to whoever might feel responsible for this mess. 

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
27/02/2021 2:20 pm  

@herringbone, Yes, I've willfully violated the unspoken rule regarding criticism of our hosts and fully expect to be booted for my insolence ...if and when anyone notices and/or gives a hoot.

Good luck with your effort to contact the forum moderator(s). I've tried flagging a couple of the obvious and insidious bot attacks recently. Alas, to no avail.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
11/03/2021 3:53 pm  

Spring has Sprung.

Lockdown; Level 5 still in place;

Nature hasn't noticed.

Having a typical Spring day here. Sun; hailstone showers and gusty winds.

Photo taken in one of those sunny spells.

1615474434-Screenshot-262.png

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register