Lockdown Blues

Lockdown Blues  

Page 3 / 6
  RSS

wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
19/09/2020 1:03 pm  

Thanks @lexi  immidiatly found the proof that rattan lounge chait often atributed to Tito Agnoli is aIKEA

https://ikeacatalogues.ikea.com/sv-1982/page/28-29

psmy recent aqured and newly upholstered Rudolf Wolf for Rohé Noordwolde

1600513410-wolf-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
19/09/2020 1:07 pm  

@wesemael. Very nice and great colour.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
19/09/2020 1:18 pm  

kvadrat steelcut trio 0576 No lockdown or extra restrictions in Rotterdam amounts mounting steeply using transplantation medicins myself avoyding the city walking in the nearby wood early in the morning reading on my balcony  the traveling cat chronicles by Hiro Arikawa

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
16/01/2021 9:18 pm  

UPDATE.

HUGE increase in covid infections/deaths here in Ireland, due to  easing of restrictions to allow families to see each other over the Xmas holidays. Judging by the numbers, it was interpreted as an invitation to enjoy one BIG get together fest; ignoring all the public health advice & "terms and conditions".... We are now in a situation where there are bed shortages, not enough vaccines to go around and in the meantime the Government were on their Xmas break!!!  Most of the cases are in the younger age groups, who do not seem to be able to understand the severity of the situation ( the average age of those who died from Covid is 83)

Any way, moving on,to pass the time @home, I have been doing some "cleaning" up, AKA deleting/organising my files etc.

Came across this photo from a Liberty & Co. 1901 publication and it made me realize everything has a "context", historical or otherwise.

The description on the left hand page made me smile:- "peasant". No point in being offended 120 years later.

I hope you are all keeping well.

1610828297-irish-peasants-carpets-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
18/01/2021 2:59 pm  

@lexi, I don't know anything about the socioeconomic status of Traleenies these days as we only spent the night there on our way to Dingle. The few we met seemed just lovely and the Ashe Hotel was nice enough, too.

Things here in the US are, well, you know, not exactly great right now. If he doesn't manage to kill us all in the next couple of days, though, things may actually start to improve!

Speaking of insults, some of our media have taken to calling a new, highly contagious strain of the COVID virus the "British variant." I've read that some of those having a certain lineage are complaining about use of this term.

Please keep well. It's been a slog for sure, but perseverance is in our peasant blood. After all, someone needs to be around to crown the next King, right?

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
18/01/2021 3:25 pm  

@tktoo2. The"British" variant is here too. As is the South African one.

I find if an artist/singer/athlete from Ireland (and I am not including N.Ireland) becomes famous, as in breaks a world record,wins the Booker prize or hits the No.1 spot on Spotify ...they are quick to claim them as "British" in the press reports. So, they only have themselves to blame !

It will be interesting to watch things unfold as inauguration day approaches and how the Trump supporters react and face a new reality. Biden has a tough job ahead.

Stay safe and well.

"Traleenies"   I like that one.I cannot tell you how they are doing because, like you ,I just pass through on my way out further west to the beautifull beaches and the rugged hinterland for great hiking.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
18/01/2021 4:11 pm  

@lexi, Thank you. We're incredibly lucky to be where we are with our cozy, mid-century modern house on 2 acres in the "country" so I'm not going to complain ...but, FFS already!!

If you should ever find yourself near Boston again, please do let me know.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
24/01/2021 8:03 pm  

On a lighter note; we had a flurry of a snowfall, albeit fleeting and shortlived, early this morning. Nice seasonal change of scenery .

My daughter took this photo as it all began to melt. I love the "face" like shadows within the waterdrop.

1611514986-Screenshot-158.png

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
30/01/2021 1:19 pm  

There’s snow in Berlin, too. Even more than I‘ve seen in years. Makes it a bit nicer to stay at home and look out the window...

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 3:35 pm  

We are about to be slammed by a classic New England winter storm colloquially referred to as a "Nor'easter" which, by this time tomorrow, will have dumped a foot-and-a-half (46cm) of drifting snow in our area. The media loves to play the forecast up for more than it's worth, of course, as if this is something that has never happened before and the climate change deniers will jump up and down pointing and shouting, "See? It's all a hoax!"

Meanwhile, I'll be laying in enough firewood for a long winter's eve and sharpening my snow shovel. Truth is, I love this stuff. Keep warm and stay healthy, folks!

P.S. Can it still be called 'shepherd's pie' if it's got beef instead of lamb?

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 3:49 pm  

@tktoo2. We had a visit  from the "Beast from the East" a couple of years ago. Drove my car to work @ 08.00 ;no snow. By 13.00 a foot of snow had been dumped. Had to leave my car at work and walk the 3 miles home in totally inappropriate footwear and clothing. I needed a hot whiskey when I got home. It was a Friday, so I had the rest of the weekend to enjoy it. Collected my car on Sunday when roads were cleared. Our local authorities are not snow "ready" as large snowfalls are not common here.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 3:52 pm  

@tktoo2 It's called "cottage" pie when it is made from beef. Yummy. Perfect for your current weather situation.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 4:05 pm  

@lexi, Thank you. I thought so about the pie.

I have my 'Blizzard of '78' stories, too. I'd share those, but my daughters' eyes would involuntarily roll ...wherever they are. In short, I didn't make it back to my home (or change clothes) for 4 days. Neither did half the refugees I was stuck with. Good thing the kindly barkeep took us in or we'd have had to spend all that time sober!

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 4:09 pm  

@tktoo2. LOL 🤣 Nothing like a hot toddy or hot port to keep the spirits up!

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
01/02/2021 8:37 pm  

@tktoo2. If there is a decent fall of snow take some photos and post. I love a wintery , snowy scene.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register