DA old timers

DA old timers  

Page 97 / 112
  RSS

Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 8:05 pm  

The house of EamesHead likes the "Alder" lamp.
It's yellow.
And it looks like a lamp.
It's big.
Though not as strange as your usual selections, Mark.
Latey, your choices have been so brave, that I have come to expect a Cupid fountain/lamp combo with sound -- more than the Alder lamp.
Could you do a tall shade on that Alder lamp if desired? I'm wondering if the current wide shade might make it a bit large for aesthetic and "general flow" purposes…. Not saying it IS too large, just wondering….
The lamp reminds me of The Viceroy in Palm Springs. I like it.
(The pants are perfect as always!)
PS I love the grainy atmospheric THERE-NESS as found on the Warhol Empire State Building (dusk to evening) film.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 8:15 pm  

I'd go for one of the big Martz lamps but that's just me. Might not have enough visual whomp for you.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 8:39 pm  

Oh!
I like that term "visual whomp". I'd love to say that to someone. Soon.
Thanks spanky ( I will give you the credit, natch).
Oh!
Aunt Mark
ps Hi Eameshead. hi.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 9:35 pm  

Spanky's right, you can't go wrong with a Martz lamp. And some even have a little whomp. I like the scale of the Martz lamps too.
What about that owl lamp that Onegroovydude had for sale on ebay? The one with holes. Owl holes.
I know, probably not. But I bet he still has it.
I do like opportunity for color interaction that the Alder lamp brings with it.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 10:35 pm  

Hi.
I simply can't thank you all enough for the healthy sniff of decor reasoning. I was ready to pull the trigger. I will poke around images of the full sized Martz lamps. But why do I crave a bit of... jesus,,.not bling, I detest bling....but a tasteful serving of visual whomp??**** In small doses, it makes me damp. My style is evolving. And I think that Janice Dickinson and Bruce Jenner are the same person. I do. I'll put a few more miles on the old yellow lamp.
Beverage anyone?
Aunt Mark
(EDIT) Hi, it's me again. The stunning carved rock crystal lamp poorly pictured above has a signature and a build date of 1977. It is constructed of gilded bronze and stone. It weighs a lot. Recently re-wired, 2 pull chain sockets, silk covered cord. The rock does lift out of the bronze prongs so that you can take it on vacation or food shopping...or most anywhere. Operators license required. Safety first.
and now a moment for a poem.
You can be a Safety Bug like me!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
05/12/2016 2:51 am  

A merry lilt, that almost scans if you work at it. I like it.
I also like the yellow lamp base -- but not with that shade, which is the wrong color and sits a little low. Maybe I'm wrong, but I want to see the top of the ceramic, somehow. Maybe not, if the shade was (were ? I never know) tall, black, and shiny. Or bronze green . . .
Speaking of lamps, someone brought these into my neighborhood repair shop. They have some kind of European sockets, which have baffled the owner. They look like elves' hats to me, probably because of the colors. I'll have to post them on the ID pages . . .

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
05/12/2016 5:00 am  

Because whomp is fun. And you do "whomp" so well. The round mirror of yours has exquisite whomp, and most of us would have been too afraid to ever try it.
I like that you want to take a lamp food-shopping. That might be enough of a reason to reconsider it right there! My whomp craving shows up in lighting choices too.
Those French elf hat lamps are pretty weird indeed SDR! The museum of real life never ceases to entertain.
If I ever do evolve (someday), I might like to lean a little more beatnik. More wood and wrought iron. I said IF. But I can already feel it happening. Still California Modern though. But no promises. Hard to get off my plastic jag. I may start by digging out the dark wood LCW that lives in the shed outside, and see how it goes from there…
Whomp is good.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
05/12/2016 5:31 am  

I think you need the crystal lamp, Mark -- if only so we can see a photo of it, lit, in your aerie. Whomp it -- and then put a bird on it, for good measure ?
Get out the LCW, Eames, and see where it takes you. (I have yet to photo a pair of them, in red, added to a local branch library -- the Noe Valley one, serving the Castro, one of Appleton & Wolford's nice 'sixties Wright-inflected city libraries here, respectfully restored and expanded a very few years ago. The chairs have already had their backs through-bolted -- one of them upside down. I can report that this affects the feel of the chair only slightly . . .)

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
05/12/2016 4:33 pm  

Yes, that's really me; I always stand around grinning, with one thumb in my pocket (and the other one up my ___) . . .

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
05/12/2016 11:06 pm  

Hi.
I like your gingham shirt.
Yes,
Aunt Mark
ps. ____. ________ __.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
06/12/2016 1:18 am  

wait… I thought you had wavy-ish hair. (?) But I guess those things can be adjusted easily… along with baseball caps and dark glasses… Was this one of your early model photos?
I will have to dig deep into the shed to get to the LCW, but I will give it a try.
So you're saying the pair of red LCWs at the library now has ONE with the upside down backrest? They don't even match? That has to be annoying…
Mark, you have my permission to go ahead and get the rock lamp… not that you were waiting for it, but you clearly have a vision for your reading area, and who are we to fuck it up?
+++++ +++++++ +++++
if one's pants have whomp
then you can't be whomp-less in
reading area

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
06/12/2016 3:39 am  

I cannot tell a lie -- that's not me. This is me -- or it was, for a hilarious few years in the early 'eighties. I'm 40, then, and clearly half in the bag thanks to a home-made G&T. Mark will have to enumerate the fashion faux-pas (plural):

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
06/12/2016 3:40 pm  

You're looking handsome, Sport! I love the socks, and the Jesus-ish crescent wrench hanging around your shaven neck. You look like Patty Hearst adorned with a feed cap (trucker style). And you know how to iron.
I am__________,
Aunt Mark
ps. I see a pack of smokes in the right front pocket of your militant top. Menthol?

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
06/12/2016 4:55 pm  

Marlboro Light 100s, I think. (Gad, why am I still here ?) The work pants are permanent press, the shoes and socks unspeakable, the glasses are clear plastic, the watch a Timex, I guess, the typewriter my grandfather's portable Rem-ette. I still wear those belts, though.
Have one on me . . .
(How come I can't find wrinkle-free button-down shirts any more ? Does everyone have servants now ? I know how to iron -- but come on !)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
07/12/2016 3:11 am  

Hi,
Ironing is a lost art. I never learned. I looked at the lamp again today, too expensive, I guess. I'll just read by the light of the old yellow lamp for a spell, I guess. 3 way bulb, no odors, low miles, plus, the lampshade and clunky finial are my favorite parts of the big-boy, I guess. Hi. I do like your socks, SDR. And trucker cap. It works, I guess.
Cheerio, I guess,
Aunt Mark
ps The lovely store would like to drop the lamp off tomorrow afternoon for a test drive. And 20% off (lamp only). No discounts on shades or finials. I politely told the clerk that I will be in touch after the holidays. She liked my pants.

ReplyQuote
Page 97 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register