Beige and light blue ceramic vase from the limited range `Pikea`, by mid-century designer Mari Simmulson. Produced by Upsala Ekeby in the 1960. The Pikea vase has a rough and rustic surface and a delicate shape. Beautiful as it is or with flowers in. Good vintage condition and nice Scandinavian design. Measures: 18 cmH, 16 cmD and 7 cm on top opening. Weight: approx 1 kg. This vintage vase is labeled: UE Sweden, 4431, MS monogram. Mari Simmulson (1911-2000) was born by Estonian parents in St. Petersburg, Russia. At the Russian revolution in 1917 the family moved back to Estonia. In the 1930s Mari studied at the State Art School in Tallinn and further developed her skills at the Arabia porcelain factory in Helsinki. Mari Simmulson is one of the well-known representatives of the illustrious Swedish ceramic design of the 20th century. She was one of leading designers for Gustavsberg and Upsala-Ekeby in the 1940-60s. Simmulson is represented at the Swedish National Museum of Art and Design.
Ceramic vintage vase Pikea by Mari Simmulson, Upsala-Ekeby, Sweden 1960`s
Availability: In stock
Delicate shaped ceramic vase from the `Pikea` range by Mari Simmulson for Upsala Ekeby 1960s with a rough surface
10 people are looking at this product
DESIGN ADDICT'S COMMITMENTS
- Best price: same as in gallery
- If you are not happy with the product, we'll reimburse you!
- Payment 100% secure
- Worldwide shipping with specialized carriers
Any questions ?
Reference number: #92248
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Offer Sent! Your offer has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.
- Error: Insufficient offer! Please make a new offer.