DA old timers  

Page 96 / 112
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
27/11/2016 3:02 am  

Thank you, Darling. I promptly shared your find with the Wright community.
http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewtopic.php?p=79980
We recently encountered another find, a compete set of the Japanese publication which is one of our bibles, this one in perfect condition and containing a unique collection of annotations by Wright's genius drafter, Jack Howe:
http://savewright.org/wright_chat/viewtopic.php?t=9927
It would be wonderful to find an angel to acquire this priceless resource for the community, before it disappears again into some private collection. One of the major puzzles in Wright studies is the matter of attribution of the the hundreds of presentation drawings bearing Wright's red square, and the associated construction documents -- which many assume, incorrectly, to be the work of Mr Wright himself. This wonderful document -- which would be a treasure in any architectural library -- could provide material for further research which could lead to definitive answers to the ongoing question of which apprentice was responsible for which document(s) in the Wright archive (which was sold to the Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library at Columbia, in New York, where it is available to scholars for study).

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
27/11/2016 8:47 pm  

Thanksgiving followup. Bizarro followers will recognize the random piece of pah, and the often upside-down bird . . . on it.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/11/2016 10:09 pm  

Why hi.
I got baked and baked a boneless chicken cheesecake with chocolate on the roof. I made it last evening. Can be eaten with or without teeth. No MSG. Farm raised. Beverage included.
Why,
Aunt Mark
hi (ps)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/11/2016 10:28 pm  

Plus I think that the older debutante next door must have bagged a reindeer, ate the meat, and suddenly became inspired to create a tender holiday wreath with the scraps. I may do the same with one of our pet chickens. Smells like fresh-kill.
yup,
Aunt Mark
ps Mr. Chopper barks at it!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/11/2016 12:16 am  

Why, aren't you the very Dickens. Looks yum. As for the neighbor's wreath -- now I know what to do with Grandma Drew's lovely fox stole -- the one with the head and tail intact, the jaws spring-loaded to clamp it around Grannie's neck . . .

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
29/11/2016 3:56 pm  

Hi.
I like my _____ today.
They remind me of _____.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/11/2016 6:50 pm  

Yow -- LICHTENSTEIN ! (Wish I could get you to turn your camera upside down, as you did just once ?)
Don't tell me those are Lily's . . . !

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 12:45 am  

mourn this assault on
our fragile democracy
still in infancy
the infant runs wild
eating chicken and fries while
democracy dies
uninformed and still
tweeting like a binger on
crack. this is our life
Lichtenstein pants make me wonder what might be next in Marks wardrobe...
Warhol's eight-hour Empire State Building at dusk video pants?

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 2:39 am  

Unforgettable image from a Stan Brakhage film c. 1961: grainy black-and-white, small group of figures enact Jesus carrying the cross, morphs seamlessly to the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima. This, in the midst of an incoherent narrative a la any random experimental film of the day . . .

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 10:06 am  

SDR: That film is "The Flower Thief", by Ron Rice, not Stan Brakhage (although they were contemporaries, of course, and knew each other).

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 3:34 pm  

Correct fastfwd.
And the last few lunch outfits were borrowed from the "House of EamesHead".
Especially like the pink linen pair from Neiman Marcus, and the wonderful quality of their cashmere sweaters. I do. hi.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
ps. I like this rock crystal lamp. Far too expensive, though. How much" pencil sharpening" can I expect from a high end dealer? I hate to bargain with a small business. I do. And I learned a naughty joke last night.
LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP
____________________________________________________________________________________________

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 5:17 pm  

Thanks -- I was hoping someone else might have seen that. It's not available online, apparently, though there are references.
Nice colors, Mark. Keep it up. My black Crocs, black Wranglers, black pocket T with oxford button-down overskirt and Hilfiger micro-fiber stand-color zip (with the feel of real rubber !) just don't compare . . .

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 5:56 pm  

Why thank you dahling,
And you sport croc's and an overskirt better than anyone that I'm fond of. So is the lamp tragic?
$9,500. plus 6% (soon to go to 7%) tax,
lamp shade and finial extra. Complimentary white glove delivery by handsome George. Available Immediately. Yup.
I am,
Aunt Mark
ps custom shade ($840.) 4-6 weeks.
decent finial ($375.)
pss it's the same shop that I recently purchased a pair of lamps and lampshades from. Same. Hi.
PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS, RIGHT? OR?
_________________________________________________________________________________________

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 6:00 pm  

Pass on the lamp; lamp on the pink ensemble. Boom. Done.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
04/12/2016 6:11 pm  

Oh thanks spanky for slapping some good mid-western common sense my way. I want to upgrade this lamp pictured(Jonathan Adler?). The new lamp must have the ability to accommodate bright bulbs, as I frequently sit here and read. The replacement lamp must be over-scale, too. Hi. I like big lamps.
Yes,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Page 96 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register