Design Addict

Cart

Robert1960 and Mark...

Robert1960 and Mark - documentary for you?  

RSS

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
05/09/2015 6:23 pm  

Hey guys--have you seen the documentary "Bill Cunningham New York"? It's been on Netflix for a few years now--I'm sure you know who he is, the iconic street fashion photographer who worked for the New York Times for years. What a guy! So nice, so sweet, and so utterly devoted to his work. And what an unerring eye for fashion in the real world on real people. I thought of you two when I watched it.

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
06/09/2015 6:01 pm  

Greetings Spanky!
Yes, I have seen the documentary. In fact, I saw the man himself last weekend in Newport during the Coaching Club event. He is a living legend, indeed.
Best,
Your pal Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
06/09/2015 6:22 pm  

Oh! I was meaning to look up whether he was still kicking! Good to know.
What an interesting man and what a fascinating life. I would never have thought that someone with that talent traveling in those circles would work and live the way he does, or to be so kind-hearted.
I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates style. His tiny living quarters were filled with files upon files of photos he'd taken (he slept on a pallet on top of file cabinets) but the way he could spot a stylish person on the street---just...wow.

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
09/09/2015 12:19 am  

Thanks Spanky, its one of my favourite documentaries! I insist my students see it.
(I can also recommend Iris, a documentary in a similar vein about Iris Apfel)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/09/2015 12:40 am  

Hello Robert!
I'm to send a "thank you" from our dear Iris, who highly recommends "The eye must travel", a documentary about Mrs. Reed Vreeland. But then........
Best,
Aunt M.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3wsNdANhM

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
09/09/2015 1:34 am  

I love that too!

ReplyQuote
kate kaplan
(@kate-kaplan)
Honorable Member
09/09/2015 3:42 am  

thanks for the post, Spanky. I'd always meant to watch this, and now I finally did - I thought it was quite moving. What a wonderful man.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register