DA old timers

DA old timers  

Page 1 / 113
  RSS

Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 6:32 am  

Hello. Hope everyone is well. Even you, EamesHead.

Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 7:38 am  

Hi Lunchbox!
Long time no see…
I hope things are okay with you.
Other than a broken ankle this summer, I'm fine. Just getting back to normal after 2.5 months in a cast. Blew my whole summer, but now I feel good again cause I'm FREE!
I hope your summer was more interesting than mine.
When I saw your comment on the other thread today, I was thinking that maybe our trollish friend did perform a valuable service after all-- in that he POSSIBLY helped inspire you to come off of the sidelines. I was away for a bit too, and I'm not even sure why. (Small type seems like a lame excuse now…)
We both have had a bit of the troll in us at different times, so perhaps its fitting to come back to the forum over a nice kabob!
Welcome back.
PS It's NOT a table-- its part of the sculpture.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 7:48 am  

Strange that. I broke my ankle just about a year ago. Went through the cast and all that as well. Horrible stuff. Works now thankfully.
I'm always up for a kebab. Especially delicious whilst sitting at my Noguchi pedestal furniture craft thingy.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 6:15 pm  

Glad you're mended already, but sorry you had to go through that. I had no idea.
By the way, I am honored that you consider me an "old timer" even in jest , but in truth, I've only been around for a few years…
Who are the REAL old timers you hope to hear from? I know a good number of the regulars here definitely qualify as authentic DA old timers…
And what is YOUR excuse for being such away for so long? No pressure…

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 6:42 pm  

Now if my memory isn't failing, It is my understanding that DA "old timer" SDR continues to criss-cross the USA in an older model Chevrolet Bel Air in search of autographs from American TV personality Rose Marie. His collection is vast, to say the least. Luckily he does continue to post on the forum between small town visits, but it isn't easy. So if any of you design poodles happen to have such an autograph (or a hair bow), please forward it so that he will come home. I miss him, and so do the chickens.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 6:55 pm  

You don't half start in do you, EH. But perhaps that's why I consider you a member of the old brigade. Your directness both in message and involvement from the start made it feel like you'd always been around.
In hindsight perhaps I should've said "long timers" rather than "old timers" as I think the latter may scare a few away.
And while you say no pressure you've definitely put me on the spot, EH. I won't even attempt to name everyone as I'm certain to leave someone(s) out. But Heath, Riki, koen, Olive, Pegboard, woody and whitespike are just a few along with Mr. Wonderful who just weighed in above. Shockingly I'm even half missing SDR. Proof you can get off the smack but you can never really get off the smack.
I have plenty of reasons to curb my involvement on message boards. But that's neither here nor there. I'll try to weigh in when I can but then I don't see alot of the names I'm used to seeing on the forum.
Now I feel like I need to make a list of the DA elite. Thanks heaps, EH. I think I remember Gustavo making a list at some point...

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
23/09/2015 11:43 pm  

Hey guys... Sealcoating is still an art.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 3:20 am  

I for one am falling in love all over again. Maybe it's the time of day, here. What time is it there, Mark ?
My collection is anything but complete: I don't have Pee-Wee's bow tie yet.
Could I have been here for 10 years ? Is there a "ten years," still . . . ?
My seal needs coating. What do I do first ?
Of course, Gustavo is a stalwart upstart going back at least a half-dozen years -- or is it longer,
G ?

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 4:04 am  

13/14 years in, at a guess!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 4:28 am  

Gad. When did DA debut ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 4:36 am  

(Edited) Never post buzzed.
Hi,
A.M.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 4:48 am  

Nice to see you about, robert. One of the grizzled vets to be sure.
You too, woody. I guess.

ReplyQuote
Lunchbox
(@lunchbox)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 6:15 am  

And hello to you, SDR. A virtual interweb barbecue. I like the sound of that.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 6:22 am  

Hi, Lunch. What a great opportunity for a grudge-free zone -- our very own, at DA. Welcome all. Fond memories, and hopeful wishes for a bright future. Let's have a virtual barbecue (or, festive occasion of your choice) . . .
Who has aspirin ? (Just kiddin'.) I'm happy because I'll be building something tomorrow. No greater pleasure have I . . .
San Francisco sunset just peaked:

ReplyQuote
Pegboard Modern
(@davidpegboardchicago-com)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2015 6:48 am  

If we are having a barbecue, count me in! I'll bring some primo craft beer.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 113
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register