DA old timers  

Page 91 / 112
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 5:02 am  

James Fallows on Terry Gross today, playing now on NPR radio -- I heard parts of it earlier. He talks about Trump, the campaigns, and what happened -- if you haven't had enough already.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 6:18 pm  

Thanks for your insights SDR (far more balanced than my rant!)
I can only add that a health care bill was tried many times by Bill Clinton, and it was shot down, and Bush had all those years to get something done as well, so if this was the best Obama could do, so be it. At least it happened. And it seems that some republicans are considering ways to "fix" health care, rather than eliminate it altogether. It will probably stick around in some form…
But you can be very sure that it would NEVER have been newly introduced or initiated by the party of "NO", which would be happy to leave the 25 million that now have health care out in the street.
In other matters, I also wonder about all the women who have been sexually abused in the past, and how our wonderful voters have in many ways said it is OKAY what this idiot did.
It is no joke when you think about all the jerks out there who have inflicted terror and pain on women, and will now feel emboldened because that they can point to our country's embrace of our new "leader" and all that he stands for.
I agree with jesgord-- not good in any way. Very bad.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 8:23 pm  

Things could not be better. Donald Trump was elected President and Hillary Clinton has been defeated. Very good.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 12:07 am  

(Oh look, there's one now….)
Niceguy
IF I gave a shit about you, I might ask why you choose to be a boring troll and shrink from offering anything in the way of a meaningful defense of your race-bating clown of a candidate.
(But I don't)
This is true.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 12:25 am  

A defense is required for the loser, Hillary Clinton, and the winner, President Trump, gets a congratulation. I am grateful for President Trump. This is good.
Some times there is bad news and good news: Trump can't end same-sex marriages, but he could speed up deportations. One problem addressed. This is very good...

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 1:03 am  

Ah but Trump won't deport anybody at all, as he knows all too well that the American economy would tank without the immigrant labor that does all the real work here.
He simply USED racist people (like you) to get himself elected.
Congratulations.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 1:45 am  

niceguy seems to want to engage. So, let's see if we can get a candid and frank response to the kind of question that those on the right and on the left might now have fresh reason to pose, to each other.
Would an American with a bias, major or minor, against those of other colors or national origins, be likely to recognize that bias and account for it in his/her judgements of developments in, say, immigration or labor policy ? I, for instance, have to acknowledge a bit of anti-Semitism in myself -- of which I am not proud. There was a bit of that bias in my upbringing -- though not much more that there was of racist sentiment, of which I am (I believe) blessedly free.
niceguy, did any of D Trump's messages appeal to a part of you, on the above grounds ? If not, could you respond to the idea that Trump's apparent bias might -- for what I hope are obvious and respectable reasons -- have negatively affected a large number of Americans ?

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 2:12 am  

Heh. Just heard again the audio of today's White House meeting. In his first sentence DT mentions that he and Obama discussed several issues and subjects -- the second of which, in Trump's report, is "the high-flying assets" -- by which he must mean Air Force One, etc -- a most important presidential asset, in his view ? Wonder how many air miles he'll tot up, in four years !
Online Bad Reporter, then print version. Interesting edit ?

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 2:26 am  

It is possible that nothing is true as it appears: emotion for the masses and reason for the few may have been more prevalent in this last campaign.
What could have happened in Hillary Clinton's administration will always be second guessing and all actions in the Trump Presidency will be judged immediately and argued over the decades.
I am satisfied the United States electoral system and the results over the centuries. This is good.
SDR your question is relevant and I trust I have answered my best.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 3:13 am  

Your response was even more vague than my question; I'll have to do better.
In the meantime -- I THOUGHT WE'D SEEN PLENTY ENOUGH OF NEWTIE-PEWTIE, RUDY, AND CHRIS CHRISTIE. BUT NO . . . !
Oh my aching gibronis. Does anyone but me feel an almost immediate increase in the coarseness of our national fabric ? Every newly-announced TV show seems cruder and less civilized than the last -- just today. Maybe it's the return to standard time, but I'm depressed. Four more years indeed.
Aunt Mark, how are your pants today ? I'm ready for some fluorescent Paisley . . .

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 4:16 am  

Yes, what happened to all that "I am a non-politician- an outsider" stuff?
Trump said he was going to "drain the pond" of all that corruption and start over…
Start over with NEWT GINGRICH? Jesus.
Newt was indicted for multiple ethics violations while he was Speaker of the House! Mr. Corruption himself left in shame over crooked practices. (Is he even ALLOWED to come back?)
Start over with RUDY GULIANI? (Mr. Neo-Con)
Start over with CHRIS CHRISTIE? (Mr. bridge blocking scandal?)
Start over with SARAH PALIN? (No comment)
Yeah let's drain the pond Donald. There is a reason they are burning your head in effigy.
PS Why is SEAN HANNITY not on this list?

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 6:16 am  

I've made a desk sign for our new president. (I refuse to capitalize that word, for the next four years -- a small and personal protest.)
I believe it will be necessary to revive certain obsolete vocabulary, to keep up with the times . . .

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 3:33 pm  

Message removed by DesignAddict
Despite our efforts to remain neutral and tolerant. NEVER will we accept racist, hateful or discriminatory comments on DesignAddict!

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 5:16 pm  

niceguy, why did you delete your comment about the NC transgender bathroom issue? I think it was something to the effect that people won't have to worry about bathroom assaults anymore. There was a second part to your statement, too. Did you have second thoughts about insulting people here, or is this the online version of getting a dig in and then denying you ever said it?

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 5:17 pm  

SDR: The answer to your question is that niceguy is just another racist xenophobic dollar-worshipping Earth-killer who wishes to repeal Roe v. Wade.
bye!
(edit) holy smokes that was pretty quick action there I didn't even see it.
okay bye

ReplyQuote
Page 91 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register