09/11/2016 3:06 pm  

ENJOY.
It will be quite interesting to watch
as Trump supporters slowly wake up
from their "primal-scream dream"
over the coming months and years
to ask the question:
"So how does this actually work?"
as they await (ahem) "results" that never quite seem to arrive.
"You mean its not really gonna be okay to just bash anyone we are resentful of?
There's gonna be Hell to pay when that wall doesn't get built.
This will certainly energize the left in profound ways.
Mr Focal Point will provide inspiration to artists and musicians and sub culture like never before.
But this time there will be blood in the streets, as the middle class realizes they are toast.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 4:07 pm  

No more pant suits... This is good.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 4:44 pm  

No more posts about boring kitchen items would be grand also.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 4:47 pm  

"Let's make America [white] again." Yeah, that's gonna happen . . .
Well, it's their playpen now. Let's see how they manage it. Let's see what Putin tries to get away with, and how his buddy Donald reacts to that. I wonder what history has to offer, as a precedent . . .
Imagine poor Barack having to shake the man's hand this morning at the door to the Oval Office. (Imagine the new decor !)
Imagine Melania's first state dinner . . .

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 4:49 pm  

Eameshead--thanks for making me laugh!! it may be the only one of the day but it's something!
Pantsuits are here to stay. Get used to it!
Also, shoutout to Tammy Duckworth for winning a seat in the Senate. That's a little ray of sunshine on a dark, dark day.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 4:51 pm  

I feel sorry for Melania. I don't think she wanted this at all. I'm not even sure she still wants The Donald.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 5:02 pm  

I feel sorry for us.
"Let's all come together now" the Donald says… but I'm wondering which woman or latino or disabled person or war vet he is hoping joins hands with him.
And yes, I do believe this cleansing moment will clarify so much- so quickly- that we will all be amazed.
It's gonna be fun to watch Donnie attempt to be a human being now.
ENJOY

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 5:07 pm  

I think that's right, Spanky. One thinks of Harry Truman's wife . . .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bess_Truman

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 6:32 pm  

The majority has spoken. Hillary Clinton has been defeated. Donald Trump is the President. This is good.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 8:00 pm  

If you say so. Speaking to a group of artists and designers, I doubt that you'll get too much agreement. But that's the way it goes . . .
Trump's victory says many things, and the issue will be debated and analyzed in the coming days and months. What it says to me, right off, is that people can be led by their fears and their anger -- and when those are stoked by someone seeking a reward (power, for instance), anything is possible.
Many Americans have been feeling left out, or left behind, and that fact has been missed by leaders (including Democrats). They've been heard, now. But lots of others are simply disappointed that the American Dream they were promised and led to expect -- you know, a nine-thousand-square-foot home and a car for every family member including the dog -- hasn't come to pass. And they apparently feel that any change in leadership, no matter how ill-advised, could result in their dreams being realized. We really do live in a bubble, here, relative to the realities of the world.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
09/11/2016 11:20 pm  

This is good? Good for whom?
Look what was handed to Obama in 2008.
A HUGE MESS that Bush left him.
Eight years later, we are just getting back on our feet, and here comes another rich greed bag who gets himself elected on the backs of the working class whites…
And in the name of "reform".
This is not good.
This is simply a repeating cycle that is quite predictable.
Ronald Reagan created a whole new class of homeless by dumping people with mental illness into the streets.
Now Trump will do a similar thing to people by repealing Obamacare for millions of who have no other way to afford health insurance.
Tell me how this is good.
It is simply sad.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 2:28 am  

Not good in any way. Very bad!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 3:00 am  

It's wearying to rehash the political past -- but one notices that Republican presidents of the last couple of decades, at least, have tended to run up the national debt (while decrying that very debt), leaving it to a Democratic successor to clean up the mess and (try to) move forward. One recalls that Bill Clinton left office with a balanced budget and a surplus; G W Bush started two wars without a plan to pay for them, and Obama inherited that debt on top of an international financial crisis, which it took eight long years to scratch his way out of. With the usual Republican promises to raise benefits while slashing taxes, we can expect pretty much the same outcome with Trump -- I assume.
The sole redeeming feature of the current debacle (from a Democrat's point of view) is that we get to see how the Repubs manage when they have all the cookies in their playpen. I sincerely hope that this formula will produce at least some progress, on some front. Or, we'll have the pleasure of seeing the blowhard fall on his face, hopefully without dragging the rest of us off the cliff and into his own private hell.
The most worrying feature of the new presidency is, of course, its likely effect on the makeup of the Supreme Court. (Don't you love it/hate it that there are new allegations of abuse against C Thomas ?)
As for B Obama, I am disappointed in his performance. The signature achievement, the Affordable Care Act, was accomplished before the 2010 reversal in Congress, after which the Worthy Opposition put the brakes on any meaningful progress in that body. And the ACA is clearly flawed; it should have been a single-payer plan like those operating in virtually all of our fellow democracies around the world. (One of the states had such a plan on the recent ballot; it lost miserably, I understand. American Exceptionalism blunders on . . .)
Barack just didn't like the game as it is played in Washington. I wish that he had realized this before entering the fray, as a green politician. We might have had eight years of successful leadership from Hillary, lo these many years now, if he had . . .

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 3:44 am  

The ignorance that is man's natural state has been little improved in recent decades in our schools, which among many other failings has not informed students about how politics works in their country. Combine that with intentional misinformation emanating from at least one side of the recent contest, abetted by garbage info freely available online, and you have a public grossly unprepared to make rational decisions -- assuming that's what they would like to do, considering the naturally-occuring emotional component of man's makeup which so easily overwhelms his intellect . . .

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 4:52 am  

Anybody else feeling . . . tired . . . sleepy, even ? I'm bushed. Drained.

ReplyQuote
Page 90 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register