DA old timers

DA old timers  

Page 92 / 112
  RSS

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 5:18 pm  

Ah, never mind---I see DA removed the comment though not before "nice"guy tried to remove the evidence himself.

ReplyQuote
Admin
(@admin)
Estimable Member Admin
11/11/2016 5:24 pm  

Yes, we have immediately removed "nice"guy's message but he then removed our edit.
So following repeated warnings that weren't followed by a change of attitude, we were forced to block "nice"guy's account.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 5:31 pm  

Thank you! There is more than enough ugliness in the world right now without it showing up here, too.
Where is Aunt Mark when we need him most?!?
This clip of Seth Meyers cheered me a tiny bit, especially his message to the future first female President:

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2016 6:27 pm  

Thank you spanky and objectworship ( ! ) and a big thank you to Design Addict for your quick and welcome action.
I did see his hate post very early this morning, and in a rare act of restraint I somehow chose not to answer, because I didn't want to satisfy this sick troll with any further engagement.
So it was even better when you all stepped up!
It makes my day that you did, and it makes my day to know that he now has NO voice. I'm sure that just kills him, and it is exactly what he deserves. I loved Seth's video above. This whole fiasco will surely bring the forces of good together in America like never before. As Seth said, we WILL all be watching...
At least they legalized weed in California! We will all need more introspection and/or sedation now.
EDIT
Thank you again DA. And remember that Hillary won the popular vote. Trump does not reflect the part of America that is informed and engaged with the rest of the world.
Donald Trump's election was basically just a "primal scream" from frustrated white males who lost jobs to free trade, and who couldn't handle the thought of a female president. Trump's victory was by no means an embrace of his vulgar personal actions.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 2:43 am  

Well,
I don't read anything that niceguy posts, so I missed the caustic (probably poorly written) gibberish that was kindly deleted by our hosts. Probably a smoker.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
(EDIT): And I like my linen pants today. hi.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 3:11 am  

Wow. And I like the wreath, too. Oh -- that's a seater. Well, put some tinsel on it -- Christmas is almost here !
Heh-heh. Sorry -- I'm in a mean mood. I can't think why. Welcome back, dear, we missed you. Well, I did, anyway. nice guy probably didn't notice, as his __ was so far up his __ that the only thing visible was his pants. And we can be sure they weren't nice linen pants, either.
What a week. Donald has already noticed that there are parts of the Affordable Care Act that he'd better leave alone. I think, after he got over the thrill of receiving the combination for the Air Force One cigar vault, he heard Barack say something about the ACA that caught his attention. And, C Christie has been pushed to the back row, leaving us all a good view of Newtie-Pewtie Gingramont (as I like to call him) and the frightening Rudy Giuliani.
We can also remember that the missing member of the Supreme Court was an arch-conservative (a so-called Originalist, those who can't think for themselves and so fall back on a strict reading of our venerable, sometimes vague, and incomplete Constitution). This means that, with DT's first successful candidate, we will only be back to where we were last year. It is the second pick that we have to worry about . . .

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 5:04 pm  

The orange one (I can't stand to even utter his name so maybe I'll just call him this from now on) is already backtracking on his empty promises, namely not repealing the ACA, just tweaking it a bit---which is what Hillary said she'd do. Will his followers go along with this? After all, they did say he could shoot someone and they'd still vote for him---seems like reneging on the ACA falls way short of committing murder so it should be just fine, right?
Obama was very gracious in his comments after their meeting but his face betrayed his true feelings. He looked absolutely stricken.
Then the orange one ditched the press pool---that did not go over well at all. I don't think he'll be able to get away with that kind of thing. And if he thought that winning would end the criticism and and jokes, he is even dumber than I thought. Did he sleep through Dubya's 8 years?
Anyway, enough of that. I am keeping sane by reading the #PantsuitNation Facebook page. It may be the biggest groundswell of activism against this debacle. I live in a liberal town that's ethnically and socially diverse so I don't see much red/blue conflict in my everyday life---none, really. The PantsuitNation group is my connection to everyone else and is also a good resource for what to do to help in constructive ways. Anyone can join, it's not just for women!

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 6:09 pm  

Yeah if the orange one thinks he can only do press conferences with sean hannity, he is not going to have an easy time going forward.
Kind of funny that he is now holed-up in his own "tower", in his home city where only ONE IN TEN voted for him. If the protests and pressure stays turned up, and if more ugly incidents of racial bullying continue to happen, it might increase the odds that he will soften his campaign positions even more.
It seemed obvious that many of his race baiting campaign promises were not realistic and never going to happen anyway.
I hope that rudy guliani is telling the truth when he says he is not interested in a position in the trump administration. At least there's that…. But no such luck on the Newtie front though. Gingrich still looks to be in line for something. Hard to believe that this corrupt re-tread who was run out on a rail is the orange one's idea of cleaning up washington.
I live in an extremely liberal little hippy-town in the north SF bay area that probably went 90% Clinton, and even here there are isolated reports of racial taunting by a couple of car drivers who cannot contain their glee. One guy was obviously mentally ill, with giant trump signs painted on his truck, driving recklessly and aggressively, and yelling "grab 'em by the ------" at bystanders as he drove through several adjoining towns. I believe they are still looking for him..
If crap like this is happening here, I can only imagine the feeling of total isolation and fear that a person of color in a rural area in a red state must be feeling right now.
This bullying behavior will continue until the orange one caves in and makes a strong public statement of some kind that it is outright wrong, and that he denounces it. The country will decend into chaos if he doesn't. I imagine that the police are feeling pretty fucked up right now, with more pressure than ever to walk a near impossible line that has been created by the double whammy of the recent scrutiny of police brutality, and now the donald's election.
Thanks Trump.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 6:14 pm  

Sigh. Do I really have to drag myself back to Facebook, just to keep up ? I had hoped otherwise.
I'm reading a piece in the Oct 10 New Yorker about wunderkind Sam Altman and Y Combinator -- rampant futurism, centered around Artificial Intelligence, happening under our noses -- and every sentence in the middle third of the piece rings with echoes of "special interest" and "left behind." If the ignored middle class think they're out of the loop, they ain't seen nothing yet . . . !
Orange will be on Sixty Minutes tomorrow night; maybe he was saving himself for that ?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 6:50 pm  

Ha--i'm not a big fan of Facebook either (I've kept my active Friends list to fewer than ten), but the PaintsuitNation group is different. I don't know if it's because it's well-moderated but I have yet to read any troll comments. It's just like-minded people offering support to each other, sharing first-hand accounts of incidents that will never make the news, coming up with concrete ways to help (big and small), getting stuff done.
So far there are 3.5 million members so it's not the kind of FB kaffeklatsch that fizzles out in a week or two.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1053145458116389/?fref=nf

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2016 11:51 pm  

Thanks, spanky -- guess I'll have to take your word for that, for the moment:
"Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."
Sigh.
In today's Chronicle Business Section, in a piece titled "Social media use dominated by Facebook," is this paragraph:
"Not all the information on Facebook is correct. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, interviewed at the Techonomy conference in Half Moon Bay this week, defended his company against accusations that the fake news items circulated on the social network influenced the results of Tuesday's presidential election. Some of the false posts included claims that Democratic nominee Hillary Çlinton would be criminally charged for having used a private email server during her time as secretary of state. 'Voters make their decisions based on their lived experience,' Zuckerberg said in an onstage interview with David Kirkpatrick, author of "The Facebook Effect." 'I think there is a certain profound lack of empathy in asserting that the only reason why someone could have voted the way they did is because they saw some fake news.'"
"Lived experience" ? Empathy -- for whom ? Thanks, Mark; way to take some responsibility, dude . . .

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2016 1:46 am  

Yeah, I'm not sure what that even means. I do think people need to always check the veracity of things they read online since it's so easy to make stuff up and to make it look legit. And Facebook is certainly flawed in many ways.
I wasn't sure if that link to the PantsuitNation group would work--sorry! It is a "secret group" in Facebook terminology, whatever that means (It's not secret at all, it's been written up in the press already.) ------ Ok, i just read that the only way to get in is for an existing member to add you. You probably know people in it already who could invite you.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2016 1:59 am  

Ah. Thanks; I do have someone to ask.
Just finished watching a show called "Makers," on PBS. It covered what our national female legislators have been doing; I saw the part about the successful resolution of the 2013 "Government Shutdown," for which Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, and others formed a group to address the problem and craft the solution.
We postponed several sorts of opportunities on Tuesday; looking ahead is the next step ?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2016 2:08 am  

This was the most interesting and romantic paragraph that I've read today. Hi. I'm damp.
I'm
Aunt Mark
"She raises chickens so she has her own eggs. She grabbed onto a feisty rooster and said we could call him Shanghai. “You know, this was named after a chicken that was called Shanghai — a mean rooster. It was a busy little town with churches, a school and store until the tornado wiped it off the map.”

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2016 3:10 am  

I like it. Our Mark sets a standard of service we might all mimic, to our mutual benefit ?
It's nothing special, but it's mine -- for the moment . . .

ReplyQuote
Page 92 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register