RSS

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2013 11:02 pm  

about a house.
Aunt Mark
ps is it ok to mix bar-keepers friend with cough drops...and vodka? I have a common cold and a scratchy throat (the first in many years).
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/26/garden/when-a-house-falls-in-the-forest.html?ref=garden&_r=0

pubpat
(@pubpat30yahoo-com)
Trusted Member
27/09/2013 11:45 pm  

No it's not ok.
Is there a special reason to hint at a house which looks just as unspectacular as the fire equipment building of my home town?

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2013 11:51 pm  

no it's not
even for a tough bird like you, mark
I really like the house. To each their own.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2013 11:58 pm  

I'll take your word on that one pubby.
It's always been a long standing family joke on how the "Village Idiot and the stray dogs" always talk/bark about their home town fire stations. Thanks for your predictable advice.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
pubpat
(@pubpat30yahoo-com)
Trusted Member
28/09/2013 12:04 am  

Okay okay, it's also similar...
Okay okay, it's also similar to the dressing rooms of the tennis club in Ballyboughal.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 12:09 am  

Ballyboughal.
Were you invited as a guest once?...or are you a former employee?
Just curious, as you don't strike me as "club material".
Respectfully,
Mark

ReplyQuote
pubpat
(@pubpat30yahoo-com)
Trusted Member
28/09/2013 12:13 am  

Right said Fred.
Right said Fred.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 12:13 am  

Thanks waffle.
I'll eliminate the cough drops. I like the house also.
Best,
Old Mark

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 3:15 am  

I too like the house and was...
I too like the house and was moved by the article when I read it earlier this week.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 5:13 am  

There seems to be a strict division between public and private rooms, I like that but clerestory windows always strike me as a bit depressing, like you're in a prison cell.

ReplyQuote
karin koller webb
(@relaxdungenessbay-com)
Prominent Member
28/09/2013 9:33 am  

Lovely..
I loved the article. I grew up in a fine house in Oakland, Ca that we had to give up to eminent domain for the Bart rapid transit system in the early 60's.
I still dream about it and am sure it set me on the path of lusting for the perfect nest.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 10:13 am  

Thanks, Mark --
I grew up in that town, and was friends with two families on Kirby Lane North -- but I never saw this house.
Kirby Lane led down to the water and Manursing Island -- where our local Wright house rested behind its pink gravel drive. But Kirby Lane North -- that was another matter. A crazy little road that first dipped to cross a stream and then climbed rapidly through open woods and large rock formations. The Stollers and the Henry Wrights lived in houses perched or snuggled into this landscape, on the right. Several other families occupied modern houses -- the only kind found in this enclave. A magical part of my youth, never completely left behind . . .

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 7:56 pm  

problem solved
Mark,
My parents own a Deck House (now called Empyrean Homes, maker of the Dwell Home) that is impressive to me. To solve the problem being experienced by the person in the article I ask my parents to sell me the house should they decide to relocate. They said okay. That was easy.
http://www.trianglemodernisthouses.com/deck.htm

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 8:12 pm  

How lucky for you, niceguy.
A home like that must have been a pleasure to grow up in/around. I was raised in a 1929 traditional brick home on a large wooded lot in the frigid midwest. Neither my sister or I (nor Mother) want to move back in. Father donated it to the local Montessori School, once....but they returned it. Too much upkeep, I guess.
Always,
Mark

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2013 8:34 pm  

fortunate guy
Mark,
I wish that I would have grown up (still waiting) in a Deck House, but my father was with a major automotive company and both my sister and I saw many new "ground up" homes in our formative years (promotions and re locations).
They have had their current home (the Deck House) on a five acre lot (minimum size in their neighborhood) for the last twenty years (retirement). I am a fortunate guy in that "one way or another" this home will be mine (I ask first and beat my sister to the punch).

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register