Cart

Herman Miller Base?

Herman Miller Base?  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@pimrinkesgmail-com)
27/09/2013 8:21 pm  

Hi all,
I consult this forum/website a lot when I'm trying to find out vintage design stuff. I have a small collection that I have been building over the past 1.5 years or so (I'm a student). I find myself with something I cannot seem to find out, so I figured it was time to create an account and ask you!
I have stumbled upon a legit looking Herman Miller fiberglass shell, which is sitting on a base I haven't really seen before; it's a PSCC without wheels basically (see photo).
Can you help me determine what I'm looking at? Cause it is either something rare, or something that does not really exist.
Thanks in avance!

jakjest
(@jakjestop-pl)
Trusted Member
27/09/2013 8:33 pm  

It's PSC-A (Adjustable) base....
It's PSC-A (Adjustable) base.
see:
http://eamesdesigns.com/catalog-entry/psc-1959/

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@pimrinkesgmail-com)
27/09/2013 8:39 pm  

Thanks for the reply jakjest,...
Thanks for the reply jakjest, does it make any difference that the one in the picture I posted has like a lever underneath? Or is that exactly what makes it a PSC-A?

ReplyQuote
jakjest
(@jakjestop-pl)
Trusted Member
27/09/2013 8:53 pm  

The lever
Sorry, I haven't noticed the lever. Does your chair tilt?

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@pimrinkesgmail-com)
27/09/2013 9:51 pm  

Yes
It does tilt, that's what I find both interesting and weird. I guess I'll just go and take a look, the price is pretty ok!

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@pimrinkesgmail-com)
28/09/2013 2:05 pm  

I picked up
The chair yesterday, the shell is in ok condition, could use some product that I will be going after today (it's a herman miller fehlbaum production). The base is very interesting, the lever turned out to be a nob to adjust the stiffness of the tilt, all the rubbers in the base are still pretty soft and flexible, which is quite rare I think. It looks like a pscc without wheels, but then the 'feet' where the wheels should be look very original to me. It was not exactly a steal, but it was certainly not expensive, happy to add it to the family! If anyone is interested in seeing more detailed pics of the base, please ask and I will gladly upload them!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register