The Last Thing That You Acquired #42  

Page 4 / 7
  RSS

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 3:05 am  

I like this kids pants and his friend's terrazzo floor. I just don't care for children and /or Jesus shoes. And no bare feet allowed, except for in funeral homes and fast food restaurants. True.
Save me,
Aunt Mark
ps yes, that is flea dip and spray paint (and oregano) on the rear shelf. The children need a bath.

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 10:43 pm  

Thanks for your kind words. It was a bit of a task getting them home
on the train, out of Brussels (as it's still a bit under siege, since Paris).
Mark, the floor is new but we wanted something to bond the old part of the house (fifties) with the modern additions. We liked the detail and vivacity of granito or terrazzo floors and it's reference to the old.
There's a firm locally who produce these since 1923 (Bomarbre), our color is Torcello (or Venice Brown).

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
10/12/2015 1:22 am  

It's fabulous, bj.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
10/12/2015 6:26 pm  

More free chairs that need work...by M.Singer and Sons/Figli di Amadeo Cassina.
Salvaged scraps of white leather seats for now, cord seat later if I can find rolls of unused cords made of translucent rolled cellophane like the originals.
Superleggera chair shown with dumpster dive Action Office 2 roll top desk (with busted side panels) under construction.

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
11/12/2015 12:15 am  

I came by this desk & matching chair by Ico Parisi for MiM Roma.
This was part of the office of a plantation director in Congo (then Zaïre).
It came back to Belgium some years ago and was now being sold by relatives,
for a small price.

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
11/12/2015 12:24 am  

And I bought some furniture designed by Alfred Hendrickx for Belform, for instance this sideboard from the early sixties in Indian Rosewood.
Hendrickx, who is Belgian, now lives (if I'm correct) in Italy and is working on a book (I have heard through a contact). I would advise everyone to keep an eye open for this, as everything designed by Hendrickx has always been quality..

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
11/12/2015 2:11 am  

I purchased this Javier Mariscal Ladrillo bookshelves for Magis Me Too (exact unit as depicted in this stock photo) from a dealer no longer carrying that product line. I intend to house my extensive Visionaire collection on this piece.
I also bought the Studio Job (I appreciate and own their bisque plates for Royal Tichelaar Makkum) Playtime Volley ball (1) and Soccer balls (2) leather poufs for Montis+ for Christmas gifts from the same dealer. I saw eight orange Sebastian Bergne Mr Mause clothing hangers for Driade out of the corner of my eye and now they belong to my wife.
Never let me walk through a warehouse of design. I desire everything. Even a tchotchke like the hangers.
When I return to get an extra Ladrillo shelf they have I will concentrate on ClassiCon and Ingo Maurer.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
14/12/2015 5:38 pm  

Moreddi teak side table with drawer, and brass wall art sculpture, which I'm testing out as window art sculpture right now. I think it works quite well backlit. While this item gets the occasional umbrella attribution of CJere, I believe it was made by the Friedle Brothers out of NYC.

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
15/12/2015 4:07 am  

Another weekend find!
Vintage Art Deco "Welcome" sign. I bought this piece from a local auction house. From the looks of the vintage neon glass tubing and the overall condition of the framed lithograph, this Art Deco piece was more than likely made later in the 1950s/early 60s.
35" Tall - 35" Wide
$250
Peruche

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
15/12/2015 4:38 am  

Oh, cdsilva...I like your idea of a window treatment. That is sweet. And Peruche, what a warm welcome.
Hello,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
15/12/2015 5:04 pm  

Mark, after trying it out for a few days, I think I'll keep in the window; back lit silhouettes during the day, front-lit brass at night. Too bad the window isn't 3" larger in height and width (or sculpture 3" smaller).
Right now it's sitting on the window sill, but I'll hang it from a wire so that it is floating perfectly centered in the window.

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
16/12/2015 1:05 am  

Peruche – I am assuming 1) that by window you mean front window next to your front door and 2) that hanging it there was Mrs. Peruche's idea. And to this is say, what a catch.
Mrs. teakhound and I headed to LA this last weekend to pickup a Walter Lamb rocking chaise. It is surprisingly small but really elegant in its construction.

ReplyQuote
glassartist
(@glassartist)
Illustrious Member
16/12/2015 5:50 am  

Minimoma, is your salvaged chair perhaps the earlier leggera chair as opposed to the superleggera? I thought the front legs were round profile on the leggera and triangular on the superleggera.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
16/12/2015 4:20 pm  

Dearest Teakhound,
Methinks that the last person to lounge in/on that lovely piece was quite embarrassed and went on an immediate diet.
Textile patina at its finest!.
Your Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
16/12/2015 4:24 pm  

Update for my recently acquired vintage Art Deco neon "Welcome" sign.
Mrs. Peruche & I bought our first bedroom set together 16 years ago. We purchased a 1920s/40s Art Deco waterfall bedroom set, matching bed frame, armoire & vanity. Also in our bed room is 1 or 2 Deco pictures and a bunch of vintage French posters, so it was a natural fit to try and incorporate the neon "Welcome" sign in our bedroom too. Wow!!! When the neon is on, our bedroom becomes our very own "Red Light District".... Lol...... Mrs. Peruche referred to the movie "Christmas Story" when she first saw it lit up. Because I bought the "Welcome" sign around Christmas, she said that it was my very own Fra - Gi - Le lamp!!! My Mother who is a strict Christian woman shocked Mrs. Peruche jokingly after she saw it lit up, Mom told Mrs. Peruche that if she started coming into LARGE sums of cash my Mother would know why!!! Hilarious.... I can only wonder what the neighbors are thinking when they see the outside of our bedroom windows when this thing is on. Oh well, the neon "Welcome" still looks great in our bedroom. Disclaimer: We will be using regular lighting 99% of the time:) Couple pics from down the hallway and outside the house for you guys & gals.
Peruche

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register