Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
16/12/2015 4:40 pm  

"SHOP'S OPEN!"
by appointment only.
waxing and grooming extra.
see Mr. Peruche for additional imformation.
No rebates/ No in house credit.
No spitting or swearing.
Welcome.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
16/12/2015 4:49 pm  

And cdsilva,
I can't stop looking at your non-brutqalist window treatment. Absolute the perfect place for that lovely piece. I can only imagine the interesting shadows and reflections. Very well done.
Your Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
16/12/2015 5:08 pm  

Mark,
Priceless comment!!!
Absolutely Uproarious.....
Peruche

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
17/12/2015 1:44 pm  

Last week I found the Peter Holmblad stainless steel napkin holder for Stelton at Goodwill for less than $2.00. The form is great and now loaded with napkins the function is excellent.
After I ordered the signed copy of Michael O’Neill's Michael On Yoga The Architecture of Peace for Taschen I requested and received the Taschen The Complete Collector's Editions 1991-2015. Free is good.

ReplyQuote
Chairz
(@chairz)
Eminent Member
19/12/2015 3:16 am  

Just picked up this set with the mirror for a mere $200

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
19/12/2015 9:32 pm  

Umanoff stool and project piece teak (afrormosia?) wedge table by Folke Ohlsson: Frisco model, made by Tingstroms for Dux.
Big oxalic effort required for the table top.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
19/12/2015 10:38 pm  

Ooo, nice! Please post a photo when you get that table all fixed up!

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
20/12/2015 4:56 am  

spanky asks, and she shall receive.
This was probably the worst condition finish I've ever tackled. It was a three-pronged attack of 1) Murphy's Oil Soap, 2) multiple passes of oxalic acid (crystals dissolved in a little hot water) both complete wash for whole top then targeted spots afterwards, and 3) light sanding 220-400.
Oiled/waxed afterwards.
It's not a perfect refinish, with a few nicks, scratches, and marks still left on top, but better than I thought it was going to turn out.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
20/12/2015 6:01 am  

It looks good, cdsliva, especially considering the before.
And I think it is all teak? (Although the last Dux table I looked at was teak up top and afrormosia apron and legs).

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
20/12/2015 7:20 am  

Great job, cd! Really impressive!

ReplyQuote
Peruche
(@peruche)
Prominent Member
20/12/2015 11:09 pm  

Another weekend find!
Actually this is from last Monday....
Flexsteel "Thunderbird" chair. Ca. 1965
The original owner used this chair to take pictures with the winners from amateur rodeo events. That certainly explains the cowhide fabric.
Looking at the spring system in this chair, I now know why the company was named Flexsteel.
cdsilva, it's amazing that 2 weeks ago I stumbled upon your post about Pearsall/Flexsteel sofa's from August 2012 and within a week BOOM!!! A Flexsteel "Thunderbird" chair pops up in my travels.
$150
Peruche

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
21/12/2015 5:15 pm  

I'm batting below the Mendoza Line each time I try to ID wood, so I'll just post the finished apron closeups of the Dux. (apologies for the obscure baseball reference for you across-the-ponders)

ReplyQuote
karin koller webb
(@relaxdungenessbay-com)
Prominent Member
21/12/2015 6:01 pm  

Amazing refurbish on the Dux! I just found two Arthur Umanoff bar stools (same as yours) at Goodwill and got them for peanuts (more baseball references). When I got them outside into better light I saw that they didn't have the natural unfinished wrought iron legs, but rather what looked to be a powder coat in a deep brown color. Is this common on Umanoff pieces?? Don't think they are knockoffs.....hope not.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
21/12/2015 6:17 pm  

Cdsilva: I am really not sure what the legs are made of. It actually looks like walnut grain to me more than anything. But walnut would sure be a curveball wood choice for Dux.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
21/12/2015 7:35 pm  

Hazelnut, my knowledge of Umanoff is limited. I think straylight here is the expert.
Like your purchase, mine was very cheap as well, so I wasn't too concerned if it was a legit Raymor (or Shaver Howard for Raymor?). I'm now using it as a stool for my basement work table.
I'll try to take close up photos of the frame tonight. I think it is uncoated iron (with some paint splatter), but I could be mistaken. The weave pattern did match most of the stools I saw online.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register