The Last Thing That...

The Last Thing That You Acquired #42  

Page 3 / 7
  RSS

Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
07/12/2015 10:16 pm  

Oooh nice minimoma! I'd love to see more pictures!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
07/12/2015 10:25 pm  

That's one bad-ass brutalist beverage table, teakhound! Jesus Christ, what's it weigh? And minimoma, the color on your dcm's is wonderful.
carry on,
Aunt Mark
ps hi objectworship.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
07/12/2015 11:15 pm  

teakhound,
I will bring the mugs and this new signed coffee table book Jay Maisel's New York for Firefly Books for the new cool table.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2015 6:15 am  

nice find, Reamie! I need something like that in my front entry but longer and shallower. I'll probably end up having something made because my requirements are very specific. Still, there are some nice little vintage Danish wall hung shelves out there.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2015 6:19 pm  

Thanks Reamie and Mark, the yellow DCM's are indeed unusual.
Not sure if they are part of the research that Leslie Pina did for her 1998 book "Classic Herman Miller", but even though not perfectly pristine, they are old.
2 now + 2 from a while back, now it's 5 more to go to hunt down if they still exist.
If they can be authenticated, these will most likely be gifted to another design museum or institution that will accept them.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2015 6:31 pm  

And nice rosewood find Reamie.
I found a similar piece in walnut that no one seems to know what it is (sold for a mere $3.00) but I finally figured it out. It is the suspended vanity (mirror is gone) accessory that fits between two case goods by Paul Mccobb for Calvin.
The $10.00 outdoor table it is on is by Richard Schultz for Knoll with the brown enamel like Mark's.

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
08/12/2015 7:16 pm  

niceguy – that is sweet. Really like Maisel's work. It's a date 🙂
minimoma – I would love to hear how you came about those yellow DCMs. I had no idea such things existed.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2015 7:31 pm  

teakhound - I had no idea too about the existence of the yellow DCM until I stumbled upon Leslie Pina's book. The first 2 came from a second hand used furniture store in Seattle a while ago and the current ones from a church sale in Salt Lake City, Utah.
These chairs are so ubiquitous and over exposed, might as well just focus hunting down the examples (that I can afford) that are not.

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
08/12/2015 8:57 pm  

Oh, and Aunt Mark, thanks for your thumbs up. The table is actually pretty light. The base may be about 15lbs. It is fabricated from what appears to be 16gage mild steel, so each piece is hollow. Mr. Ellison is a pretty good fabricator – the weld seams are invisible, and I do not detect any heat warpage in any of the pieces.
Desperately trying to find a place for it at home...

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/12/2015 9:26 pm  

Hi teakhound. I'd be so tempted to loose the glass top, and re-invent the beast as a brutalist sculpture. Maybe flipped up. Maybe not. Or perhaps placing an off-centered medium/small sized shallow limestone bowl.. placed between the webs, creating interesting outdoor art. Or instead layered with perfectly trimmed firewood and gingerly placed beside the killer fireplace of my dreams. I dig it. Very masculine. And it does look perfect as a coffee table. Yes!
Best,
Aunt Mark
ps. Say hello to Eameshead.

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 1:06 am  

Our Renate Müller rhino & hippo at home..

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 1:30 am  

Those are lovely, bj..and this is a big reason that I so enjoy this forum, as I would have never have been introduced to these treasures. So then , which one is the boss? I think that they are sweet!
Your blazed Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 1:41 am  

Thanks Spanky and minimoma. Rosewood is so lovely....minimoma how on earth did you figure out exactly where that vanity came from?!
bj I love them, they look right at home. They'd be very welcome in mine! I'm with you Mark, I see things I'd never get to see or experience, and I enjoy it so much!

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 2:05 am  

Agh, so cute, bj! I love vintage toys and have a bunch but nothing with that kind of presence! They look very good lurking there. Very at home.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2015 2:14 am  

I'd give up a non-vital organ to have bj's green terrazzo floor installed in my Florida space instantly( like tonight). Maybe I'd even throw in a toe (or a back tooth).
carry on,
Aunt M.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register