The Last Thing That You Acquired #41.  

Page 4 / 7
  RSS

niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2015 11:34 pm  

minimoma,
Mismatched cabinets make me think "Droog Design". It looks good.
The cookware by Dansk, Copco, Iitala and others is 100% form and function. Congratulations.
The Kaj Franck enamel roasting pan with cover for Finel Finland and other items from this line are worth investigating.
I appreciate you collection.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2015 11:46 pm  

I got rid of some early Købenstyle pots that were all enameled steel because the bottoms heat unevenly and it's too easy to burn food in them. Later they made them with clad bottoms but I went with Copco in the end.
If someone gave me one of the cylindrical Købenstyle pitchers, though---I would jump for joy! I love those.
The other thing is the relative fragility of enameled steel. I was forever worrying about chips and flakes on my watch. They are beautiful, though. No doubt about that.

ReplyQuote
Amazake
(@amazake)
Prominent Member
11/11/2015 10:43 pm  

Abstract geometric print
Illegible signature

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
11/11/2015 11:44 pm  

I purchased the Seppo Mallat enamel stock pot with cover for Wärtsilä Arabia Finel today at Goodwill for $2.92. I have identified this piece from others on-line. Should any contributors have any other suggestions as to the designer and manufacturer I would be grateful for the information.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2015 2:00 am  

Hi minimosa.
I did see that documentary. Perhaps a dedicated* thread could be started for design related documentaries, as so many of the links and suggestions to such get buried into the daily chat. I like 'em. I do.
*this means no snappies or horseplay.
just a thought, and many thanks,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
12/11/2015 5:35 pm  

Thanks niceguy. Tejo Remy is one of my contemporary design heroes and source of inspiration in terms of making something from nothing or scavenging for others dicarded unwanted stuff.
I keep everything in the house mismatched because I never know what's coming in next and you are right the Kaj Frank stuff are wothwhile. We have some of the salad bowls and serving bowls by him from Arabia Finland.
Also worthwhile are the enamelled cookware from Norway by Catherine Holm. Keep the dansk Kobenstyle enamel (and others) for light cooking (or serving) and use the real work horse like the classic Revere or similar s/s cookware for hardcore cooking.
Also niceguy you might want to check out one of those Taschen books (50's, 60's, 70's etc.) if I remeber right, that cookware by Finel might be in one of those (possibly, it's been a while since I opened one of those books). Nice find.
Mark, you should start that documentary thread.

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
12/11/2015 7:25 pm  

minimoma – I am with you re mix and match. We have a very odd assortment of Arabia, Iittala, Heath, Holmegaard, Dansk, etc. It gets weird – every dinner is a puzzle...

ReplyQuote
teakhound
(@teakhound)
Prominent Member
12/11/2015 7:36 pm  

Oh, and I wanted to share some quick pics of our Veteran's Day find:
Eames ESU desk with three drawers in black, blue, and yellow. Purchased from the son of the original owner. Sold in Berkeley, CA c. 1958.
The top it missing, but that problem is for another day. I'll post better pics in a new thread at some point in the future.

ReplyQuote
Grendel_The_Cat
(@grendel_the_cat)
Noble Member
12/11/2015 11:49 pm  

yesterday I bought this chair and ottoman for my bedroom (strange pricing, eh?) and a pretty little mountain painting from a thrift shop.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 1:42 am  

Hi.
I couldn't resist this brutalist beast. Rather rough on the hands. 2 Bandaids. And if you look way down in guest parking, you'll see my bad-ass station wagon that brought it home (white/panorama roof). I drove slow and wore a simple pair of pink shorts. I have a special place to hang it. I'm special. Be my friend. Yes.
Hi.
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 2:42 am  

minimoma,
Tejo Remy and almost anything by Droog Design is good.
I buy the Kobenstyle and similar items (Finel etc) because it looks nice functions well and I have nothing better to do with my time.
For everyday use I have the entire collection of Bjorn Dahlstrom 98 for Hackman.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 2:45 am  

teakhound,
Your collection and display is wonderful. Congratulations.
Your Eames unit is also nice. Good for you.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 3:11 am  

I went out for a haircut (got one) and bought the Gunnar Cyren 1.5 quart (1.4 liter) green and 2 quart (1.9 liter) blue pitchers for Dansk Gourmet Designs Denmark at a near by Goodwill. At $2.52 for the pair I will find the tops at a later date (if not I do not care).

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 7:03 pm  

Seems like many DA posters are having a great time goodwill hunting. Very nice and cool stuff!
Nice kitchen collection and ESU find teakhound.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
13/11/2015 9:39 pm  

Speaking of enamelware, My father just picked up a large set of Waterford Colorcast for me. I have a decent size collection of vintage enamel (Dansk Kobenstyle, Anker Line, Le Creuset La Mama, Cathrineholm, Finel, and Rosenlew). Am curious to see how the Waterford stacks up. I think the pans with the square wood handles are very cool looking.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register