Page 5 / 8
  RSS

norm
 norm
(@norm)
Noble Member
06/09/2013 4:54 am  

PG, maybe you could find a...
PG, maybe you could find a pair laying on the side of the road that some dolt dropped one of, left them both there because she was pissed, and use the parts from them on your poject lamp?
I'm a sucker for lamps too, I think we all are here:-)

ReplyQuote
karin koller webb
(@relaxdungenessbay-com)
Prominent Member
06/09/2013 6:10 am  

PG,
PG,
If you are anywhere near Portland ,Or there is a killer store there called Naomi's which sells many, many wonderful shades. They also redo lamps should you win the lotto. I found two huge brown ( think huge Boston baked bean) Lotte lamps for $12 each. I had them for years before I found out they were Lotte. I ended up buying large black drum shades from 'Naomi's' for which I paid $45 a piece. No regrets! I have many, many lamps but these are my favorites .....

ReplyQuote
phonegirl
(@phonegirl)
Prominent Member
06/09/2013 7:18 am  

hahahahaaaaa
"are you at all handy?" I'm sorry...when I stopped laughing...I'm sure I could do it if I tried but imagine that strategy as another project "waiting to happen". Ideally, the same guy who sharpens my knives and lawnmover blades would be able to rewire the lamp while I made him a coffee!! 🙂 I'm intrigued and plan to look on YouTube for a tutorial on "how to". But words like "the thing that goes..."...I have NO idea what you're referring to! 🙂 Love your confidence in my fictional "handy" ability!

ReplyQuote
phonegirl
(@phonegirl)
Prominent Member
06/09/2013 7:25 am  

ok, I laughed out loud
when I read your "side of the road" comment. It was one of those moments, when I was sure they were shite and was so mad at myself for dropping the 100lb lamp (well, maybe not 100)...i just wanted them both to go away. forever.
i have to say, after spending time on here for the past week, i've been relooking at the things i buy and HOW I buy. I've seen incredible things on here, including several member's houses. drool-worthy.
and the furniture. i'm gobsmacked.
here I was tonight, so elated because two books I've been yearning for, arrived. There aren't enough hours in the day to work at my real job, read everything I want to, AND go out and see great stuff.
i really need to win the lottery! pronto.
thanks to everyone for being so welcoming.

ReplyQuote
phonegirl
(@phonegirl)
Prominent Member
06/09/2013 7:32 am  

Portland.
i must admit I'm envious of your West Coast people. In my mind, I imagine a limitless supply of wonderful things. My new friend, Solange, will attest to the fact that here in Canada (I'm in Toronto), there is way more demand than supply. How great that you have Lotte lamps!! They're very Canadian you know 😉 This morning, I found a wonderful California ceramicist, who was clearly influenced by Lotte and of course, studio pottery is often this amazing blend of japanese and scandinavian sensibility. Her name is Victoria Morris (google her - I'm not sure I'm allowed to post a link). Beautiful work. Re: Lotte lamps - the one I found has a glossy glaze. I much prefer the matte, milky glazes. so rich and warm.

ReplyQuote
actionandaction...
(@actionandaction-2)
Trusted Member
06/09/2013 3:18 pm  

A nice little Braakman shelf
Found this on ebay. Was very surprised that nobody was interested. 150 Euro, what seems to be a good deal - shops sell them seldom and for a lot more.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
06/09/2013 6:46 pm  

Braakman
Very nice... too bad the original shelves are missing.

ReplyQuote
RetroSixty
(@retrosixty)
Illustrious Member
06/09/2013 6:49 pm  

The shelves are resting...
The shelves are resting against the Aalto table aren't they? I like Braakman, good buy.

ReplyQuote
Cream and Chrome
(@cream-and-chrome)
Noble Member
06/09/2013 7:27 pm  

New additions to our little h...
New additions to our little home.

ReplyQuote
waffle
(@waffle)
Illustrious Member
06/09/2013 9:28 pm  

wow
on those lamps....whew
I picked up a Torbjørn Afdal sofa and love seat for Bruksbo. Haven't seen it in person yet, being delivered on Tuesday. Have been having creepy luck recently. Will post pics when I have it.
EDIT - Looks sorta like the following
EDIT #2: actual pic...in need of some Leather Honey

ReplyQuote
norm
 norm
(@norm)
Noble Member
07/09/2013 9:52 pm  

On the fence
About this one but the price was too low to say no.
Sculptured rug.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
08/09/2013 5:56 am  

I like the rug.
I'm feeling the love.
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
08/09/2013 9:20 pm  

Glick 55326 Martinique Black, by Liberty Chair Comapny, NC
4 nice chairs

ReplyQuote
jola
 jola
(@jola)
Trusted Member
08/09/2013 9:22 pm  

at Mario, the cart!!!
good catch, pretty jealous

ReplyQuote
Amazake
(@amazake)
Prominent Member
09/09/2013 6:23 am  

Fontana arte falena floor lamp
I bought this on Craigslist today
Unfortunately I can't get it to work. But for $30 I will take a shot on getting it repaired.
Any suggestions on repair?

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 8
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register