Cart

Teak chairs similar...

Teak chairs similar to Moller 77 with unknown seat material  

RSS

mblitz
(@mblitz)
13/04/2024 1:46 pm  

Dear forum,

I just bought 4 teak chairs, which I would love to bring back to glory. There are two things I am hoping to understand with the help of your expertise. I have searched quite a number of pictures and threads but have had no luck so far.  Thanks in advance for your help :)!

1. Does anyone recognize these chairs, regarding their maker? At first I thought they were Moller 77, but the details are slightly different. Below I put them next to one of my Moller 75 for comparison and they are a bit more narrow and the upper part of the front legs is flat. There is also no marking in the inner rail or anywhere else.

2. The danish cord the seats are covered in is not the original material, and the weaving was not done very well. One was badly moth infested too, so I took the cord off. Underneath are traces of what seems to be some kind of flat paper cord which I have never seen before. Does anyone recognize the material and could tell me what it is called? I'd love to redo the seat with the original material :).

Best regards from Germany!

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
14/04/2024 1:13 pm  

@mblitz Do you have any pictures? If you‘ve already tried to post some: They must be smaller than 2MB. Pics make an ID way easier. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register