Cart

Wall bracket help

Wall bracket help  

RSS

fmcsonoma
(@fmcsonoma)
29/11/2021 11:15 pm  

Hello all,

I picked up this cabinet from an HG wall unit. I would like to hang this on a wall, the rails did not come with the cabinet. Does anyone know of any aftermarket rails or have any ideas on a bracket for the hooks on the back of the cabinet?

Thank you,

fmc

1638224130-907631C3-6A35-427F-ABCD-374909C36391.jpeg

myhomehandyman
(@myhomehandyman)
03/12/2021 6:36 am  

The tasks of hanging a heavy cabinet require little care as you need to sure it will stay there firmly with supposed weight inside the cabinet. The only complication in hanging a heavy cabinet arises when considering how to hold it in place while you fasten it to the wall. Complete the job by temporarily attaching a simple support on the wall and resting the cabinet on that. When the cabinet is hung, you can simply remove the support and patch a few holes. There are L-brackets available in the market that give a sturdy support. Make a mark on the wall where the bottom of the cabinet will be.
While the use of lag screws will ensure the stability of any cabinet, it may seem like overkill for cabinets weighing less than 50 lbs. If this is the case, use 3-inch screws instead.
In the event that you cannot attach the cabinet to wall studs, do not attempt to attach a heavy cabinet to drywall, or use drywall anchors. Although some drywall anchors are rated for 60 pounds or more, they are not recommended. A good forward jolt may pull them right through the drywall. If you are not sure about electrical wire position and depth then better ask some carpentry service provider.

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
03/12/2021 9:57 am  

Very useful info. Wish there was more of this on this forum 😉 

ReplyQuote
fmcsonoma
(@fmcsonoma)
03/12/2021 6:48 pm  

Thank you!  I now have my weekend project.

Best regards,

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register