Cart

Kofod Larsen settee

Kofod Larsen settee  

RSS

Juliabeth
(@juliabeth)
23/05/2020 8:32 pm  

Hi all!

I’ve been working on restoring a battered and broken old Kofod Larsen for Selig sofa that I picked up at an estate sale. Looking at the underside, it appears to need dowels (even though webbing was tacked in previously!) and rubber webbing. I’m wondering though, for this size of a sofa, do I need to cut individual dowels for each strap? Or four long ones that I attach all of the straps to? Thank you!!

1590258771-B79E8C15-C05B-4C40-8461-73E4B9B1FAD5.jpeg

cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
24/05/2020 4:00 am  

I’ve done it both ways. If you sand (or shave) off a small bit of the dowel to get a flat edge, it helps prevent the straps from slipping. I tend to use Elasbelt for Selig pieces as it’s more cost effective, but Pirelli webbing is always a good choice.

Juliabeth liked
ReplyQuote
Juliabeth
(@juliabeth)
24/05/2020 4:32 am  

I was looking at buying the webbing from Evans co, but am nervous that I won’t want to after I price it out. Thanks for the tip on the dowels! Any idea what might be easier?

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
24/05/2020 6:37 am  

The Evans Fagas straps have angled clips integrated into the ends. This strap/clip works with later production Selig chairs which have a continuous thin groove. Your chair is earlier production with three slots on each side. Not only don’t you need the expense of the Fagas straps, but they won’t really work with your frame. Look into either Pirelli or Elasbelt.

As to whether to use one long or three short dowels per side, I really don’t have a preference. I think I had a frame once where you could not use a single dowel on the underside.

ReplyQuote
Juliabeth
(@juliabeth)
24/05/2020 10:46 pm  

Great! Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register