Design Addict

Cart

Help finding replac...

Help finding replacement screws for Danish side table(s)  

RSS

geoffrey@mccaleb.me
(@geoffreymccaleb-me)
13/03/2024 11:30 pm  

Have really struggled with this. 

Inherited two danish side tables where several screws that attach the table legs to the base frame has somehow fused with the threaded insert. So forever wobbly. 

I've honestly looked everywhere and am drawing a blank. What makes these flat head screws unique is that they have a threaded pin in the middle where a screw head cover threads in. Photo for context. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

1710369002-IMG_3012.jpg

tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
19/03/2024 2:19 pm  

@geoffreymccaleb-me 

Can you post a photo or two of a decorative screw cap and of the assembled joint?

FWIW, I think these screws are called "tapped head" screws here in the US. I couldn't find slotted machine screws tapped for decorative caps, either, but I vaguely remember having seen them used to mount bronze commemorative plaques onto historic buildings or monuments and such.

If all else fails, any local machinist could easily drill and tap off-the-shelf screws. Or, you might even do it yourself, if you're handy.

ReplyQuote
geoffrey@mccaleb.me
(@geoffreymccaleb-me)
20/03/2024 5:51 pm  

Thanks for the reply @tktoo. I've added another picture below (for some reason can only add one at a time). 

For now I'm making do with standard bolts and new inserts so at least the tables are stable now!

1710953465-IMG_3011.jpg

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
21/03/2024 8:04 am  

Yes, easily done by anyone who repairs cars, motorbikes, etc…

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register