or
a lone redwood stands
defiant, out on the point
a crow cries foul
or
mark walks beach each dawn
manatee glisten in his
foamy memory
EDIT: (See below) I can't post any more now Mark! But only because your post below is too damned funny and deserves to just hang there for awhile…. At least until SDR wakes up.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2015 5:54 pm  

Now not that I am one to pass on unsubstantiated "here-say", but I vaguely recall hearing splendid news that SDR and Heath were collaborating on a line of mens fashion ( think lumberjack chic with marabou trim). I personally remembered thinking how seamless the fella's passed on to the sartorial masses a very pretty, yet practical look. Very forward thinking...less is more. The cut of the trousers could make a Queen Anne leg, or even simple toothpick legs look
like Falling Water. I look forward to their success.
Order up,
Aunt Mark
ps a portion of the profits will be donated to the "Sealcoat Over Taliesin West" fund. Shaving optional.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
27/09/2015 7:36 pm  

Dang. A guy gets no rest, anymore . . .
[Grace Kelly, Tracy Lord in "High Society," slightly shaky, hand shielding eyes, grim but cheerful :] "Good MORNING, everybody -- isn't it a FINE morning ! ! . . ."
Backing up: last night's celestial extravaganza rapidly faded to magenta/charcoal streaks. Festive, in a restrained sort of way -- just like our new men's line ! Available soon at better remaindered outlets everywhere ! (Psst -- where's Heath ? Get me out of here !)
Carry on . . .

ReplyQuote
Robert Leach
(@robertleach1960yahoo-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 12:04 am  

a London sunset from my apartment

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 1:34 am  

Sweet view, Robert! I'd be glued so deep into a pair of decent binoculars, that you'd notice permanent rings embedded into and around my upper nasal skin zone.
Best, and focused,
Aunt M.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 1:43 am  

But -- but -- you already have permanent rings embedded . . . oh, wait -- that's ME in the mirror !
(Anybody know if I can type italics here -- and how ?)

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 1:56 am  

Oh hell... I lost those rings prior to last years social season. I want to look like Wayne Newton.
Always,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 2:12 am  

Aak ! Darling. Me and my big mouth . . .

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2015 7:54 pm  

Oh just admit it Mark, you went to an eclipse party last night and this is a "morning after" shot!
Just kidding….
As we already know, Mark is hands-down the brightest and bravest show-off in DesignAddict history (and maybe even world history). And even cosmetic surgery cannot dampen his snappy addiction.
I actually DID go to the yearly block party on my hill last evening… which of course turned into an eclipse-viewing party, as the moon rose. There was a neighbor guy whose name tag said "The Fun Doctor" on it. Don't ask why.
He said he was going to lead an "eclipse walk" later on... I didn't go. I was having a nice time, and besides, I couldn't get out of my chair.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2015 12:42 am  

Was it pretty ? The photo on the front page of the paper today showed a small reddish disc. A long lens would have done wonders for the image. Instead, we got the back of a viewer's head, and a citizen quote: "It's amazing -- it's a miracle."
No, dear; it's science -- cosmology. Far more interesting a subject than miracles, in my view !
But -- Mark is our very own miracle. That I like. (Still no italics. Anybody ?)

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2015 6:15 am  

Well, with eclipses, it is pretty much the rarity that makes them beautiful.
It looked like a rather dim moon, or a fully rendered planet just hanging out there in space. It was kind of a dull pinkish orangey color for most of the time after the moon first came up.
If you take into account that a full eclipse on a super moon hadn't happened since 1982 or something, then yes it was beautiful, because it is a sight that had not occurred in 33 years.
But it was REAL SLOW… and the most drama actually occurred when the first crescent of direct sunlight once again hit the moon.
There.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2015 6:22 am  

Thank you so much ! The PBS Newshour last night showed a dozen or so images from various viewing locations; quite a variety of moons. My personal opinion: the moon should be "full" all the time.
Tonight you might have had a pink sky overhead ? At least, that's what I saw in the east, from here . . .

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2015 7:30 am  

No (assuming you are in SF) I am NORTH of you. Up the coast off of 101.
I am about 15 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge... Damn, pink sky? Sounds nice. I should have seen it because I WAS on the roof this evening at about 5 45PM, talking to a roofing guy... because I need a roof fix. But I was too consumed with the details of the issues of the roof while up there, so I missed it. It's funny how blind I can be to stuff, if not paying attention. I admit it.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
29/09/2015 7:39 am  

Spectacular sunset photos! I have a few but nothing that colorful. I took these on Delaware Bay a few years ago. (The view from my current abode is not very dramatic, ever.)
The first was taken in late afternoon. The second was take at sunrise. Third was at sunset but looking east and the water looked beautifully---and weirdly---opaque pink for a little while! Like a sea of rippling pink milk.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register