DA old timers  

Page 110 / 112
  RSS

SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2021 8:41 pm  

See pp 103 and 104 of this thread for where we were last in re Mark.  (Mark Park ?  Hmm---I'd forgotten that.)

I look forward to seeing/hearing from Lloyd.  We'll get this gang together yet . . .

Just sought this:  https://www.peoplefinders.com/people/mark-park/fl/palm-beach?landing=all&loader=false

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2021 9:56 pm  

I must admit it was I who hinted at and then tossed a wet blanket on the notion of stalking Aunt Mark. Once, back in the day, it suddenly occurred to me (while chuckling once again at his incessant BS and unabashed posting of selfies from the balcony) that it shouldn't be too difficult to pinpoint his whereabouts based on nothing more than his freely-shared personal details. I think it literally took me 7 or 10 minutes on Google Earth to do just that, after which I almost immediately regretted doing anything so creepy.

So of course, years later, during yet another crisis of moral failing, I shared this bit of intel with SDR and, again, instantly thought better of it and did my best to rectify my mistake by trying to dissuade him from trying to track down our old, dear auntie.

Mark's a grownup (well, a legal adult anyway) and can find us if he wants to. Otherwise, he's got a right to his privacy whether anyone here misses his contributions or not. That said, it might be OK if someone were to leave a kind message with the management of his high-rise or the ladies at the thrift shops mentioning that he'd be welcomed back when or if ever...

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2021 10:56 pm  

Thanks, tk.  All makes sense to me.  I'd just want him to know that he's remembered, and missed. 

. . .

In the meantime, we'll

just have to do without him.

Boo-hoo---hope Mark's well.

. . .

And we too:  eva-

body here okay ?  Covid

held at bay ?  Okay !

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
10/03/2021 2:58 am  

Oh, and:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQTuFudB028

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
27/03/2021 8:07 pm  

Perhaps in his absence we can take turns in posting what trousers we're wearing intermittently?

If he reads still, it may encourage him to see that his input is still very much needed.

EDIT: Worth noting that's not to be reductive about Aunt Mark's input, rather that it's the only way I can imagine capturing some of the magic he provided!

lexi liked
ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
27/03/2021 8:28 pm  

Bravo.  Well, I wear virtually identical black jeans every day, so that's a no-brainer for me---but I have no decent photo of same.  But I do have one pic of  Mark's legs encased in a particularly fine pair of corduroy trousers . . .

1616873334-MarksPantsA.jpg

waldorf and lexi liked
ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
27/03/2021 8:57 pm  

Fantastic, I too am wearing my usual black jeans. Perhaps we need to diversify @SDR ?

I'll see if I can find something more exciting for my eventual submission, a rerun of Aunt Mark's trousers will more than suffice for now. They are superb, if only I had the style to be able to wear them. No doubt those are some Gucci loafers too - ore fashion sense than I'll ever know. Hope he's well!

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
31/03/2021 7:16 pm  

Not old enough to be an old timer, but has anybody ever tried to tag @mark so he get's an e-mail and maybe comes to realize that somebody here misses him?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
31/03/2021 11:17 pm  

Huh---never thought of that.  If his email hasn't changed, that should work !  But I don't know how to do that (yes, I'm a REAL old-timer).  Never tweeted, not on facebook, have three images up on Instagram but don't know how to comment.

Oh---just found Reels on Instagram---short vids.  And have you tried Window Swap ?  I liked it better when I thought the feeds were live  . . .

. . .

Once upon a time,

there were three little kittens.

That's all she wrote, kids !

. . .

My TV quit last

nite.  Just went dark.  Now it's a

wall-mount radio.

. . .

One of the daily 

comic-strips featured haikus

recently.  Which one ?

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
01/04/2021 10:25 pm  

I am sure I had to re-sign up, if that makes sense? I am not sure if he will get a notification, but I like your thinking @Herringbone! I'll join you in trying, hello Aunt @Mark !

Instagram is quite great by my estimations, other than the Machiavellian corporation behind it. Not to justify not taking a stand, but there's a corporation like that behind a sad amount of money we plebs spend.

I'd love to follow anyone here on Instagram, if I am not already.

@SDR I can't do Haikus, but I think you're cheating ever so slightly. Haha.

I don't understand Reels, but I am happy for anyone who does.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
01/04/2021 11:59 pm  

Thanks, Kyle---all efforts to re-acquaint us with Mark will be much appreciated.  I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Reels at Instagram, but once found the supply seems  endless, and they appear as a stream, one following another as you scroll down the relevant page.

My haikus, while following at least the simplest of the rules for the form, are decidedly "modern" in ignoring normal scanning, placement of punctuation and pauses, etc.  I even have them  run on from one to the next.  Quite silly, really---but then I always was a non-conformist . . .!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
23/07/2021 3:36 am  

Almost done with the latest, two-week issue of the New Jorker I see a bit about Lilly Pulitzer, with facts I never knew.  Of course I am reminded of Mark . . .

*sob*  

1627004282-LillyPulitzerNewYorker71921.jpg

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
23/07/2021 3:43 am  

Don't know why I can't get that to appear larger.  Sorry.  And, I don't find legible images of Zuzek patterns or prints online . . .

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
05/04/2022 3:33 am  

Well, what's up ?   Anyone else in the house ?  I was notified that Herringbone had posted about removal of spam posted by bots, and that DA staffer Sarah was to be thanked for the work necessary to remove said spam.  

How's evabody ?

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
05/04/2022 9:09 am  

While you were out, machines took over. But nobody got hurt, I guess. Welcome back. How are you? 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Page 110 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register