Design Addict

Cart

Help to Identify th...

Help to Identify these chairs please  

RSS

Matthew dean
(@matthew-dean)
05/10/2021 1:22 pm  

Hello, I just picked up these chairs and was wondering if anyone knows what they are? They look pretty cool and are quite comfortable. I am thinking of getting them reupholstered in red leather rather than the original synthetic leatherette will this decrease their value? 

Cheers

Matt

1633432924-Mystery-chairs.jpg

Browkin
(@browkin)
Famed Member
10/10/2021 12:16 pm  

Hi Matt, really cool chairs. I wish I would have a pair of these in my home. 🙂 The question of reupholstering depends what you want to do with these chairs. If you want to sell them further, I doubt a real leather upholstery would increase their value. Usually a real leather uphostery is at least 5 times, usually more expensive, than an upholstery with synthetic leather and I think hardly one would pay for this, unless you want to use them for yourself and you like it that way. But speaking only from my experience. 

The upholstery seems actually preatty fine to me. If there are not big damages, I would look for a care & repair kit for synthetic leather. You would easy find some in the internet. After cleaning them properly and applying the care products they will bring the color back and give the surface a nice shine. And original condition is always better to me than something renewed. 

tktoo2 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register