Design Addict

Cart

Help!! Is this a Kn...

Help!! Is this a Knoll credenza?!?  

RSS

JCUSHWAY
(@jcushway)
13/10/2021 10:16 pm  

I recently acquired this credenza. It has all of the right wood grains and hardware to be by Knoll, but does not have a plate or label. There is a discolored area on the bottom side with a nail hole that appears to be where the label would have been. If anyone could please help me to identify the maker of this credenza or if you could point me in the direction of someone who could, I would be extremely grateful! I could not attach my pictures here but did include a link to the pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SHxPJyKQ7qg1Q37T7

mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
14/10/2021 6:38 pm  

It doesn't look like Knoll to me, based on the recessed pulls and three-place cabinet with four leg base.  Looks more like Stow & Davis, though many companies made credenzas in this style, including Baker, Directional, Founders, Probber,  and more. 

ReplyQuote
JCUSHWAY
(@jcushway)
14/10/2021 6:43 pm  

It doesn't have recessed pulls. They are all missing. There are screw holes and cut outs for flat pulls. I agree about the base. Could it have been at on a different frame?

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
14/10/2021 8:48 pm  

It is not Knoll but looks like by Stow Davis as mark737 mentioned. 

Find replacement look alike pulls & replace the top with white cararra marble if you like to get the Knoll look.  The top bar on the Knoll credenza are also square polished steel stock not like yours which is flat.

ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
14/10/2021 9:19 pm  

Here's a Stow & Davis credenza that looks like it could have the same pulls as OP's.  And with a marble top for the Knoll look as Minimoma suggested.   

1634239164-Stow-cred.jpg

ReplyQuote
JCUSHWAY
(@jcushway)
14/10/2021 10:15 pm  

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

ReplyQuote
JCUSHWAY
(@jcushway)
14/10/2021 10:20 pm  

Any suggestions on where I could sell it in the Houston area?

ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
14/10/2021 11:50 pm  

Stow and Davis made quality products but apart from some of their designer stuff, like the M.F. Harty pieces, their furniture doesn't sell for Knoll or Herman Miller prices.  Assuming the top is in good condition and you can find pulls, you might be able to get as much as $500 in a big city like Houston.  Facebook and Craigslist are your best bets for something like this.   

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register