bovenkamp not madse...

bovenkamp not madsen schubell  

RSS

wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
23/02/2023 4:24 pm  

@herrinbone @ lexi

i stumbled on this chair by Bovenkamp (hilversum netherlands signed) in ealier searches never  saw the name kai kristiansen in a bovenkamp add or  article Also  not in the kai kristiansen overview here

it resembles the 42 by Kai But can find it myself I do find a lot of sellers who sell it as kai for bovenkamp

what do you think do  you recognise a designer?

wha

1677165843-kai.jpg
1677165904-kai-2.jpg
This topic was modified 1 year ago 2 times by wesemael

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
24/02/2023 10:18 am  

@wesemael No, I don’t. And as I understand it, Bovenkamp didn’t work with known designers other than Madsen and Schubell. They imported Danish furniture and sold it, if I remember correctly. They had Severin Handen and maybe also Ib Kofod Larsen although I‘m not sure about that. Maybe I only think it because of that one MS chair which is always attributed to him. Anyway, constructionwise I would assume that the chair you posted was an in-house design. Or it was an import from a smaller Danish company. Not Kai Kristiansen to my best of knowledge. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
24/02/2023 11:12 am  

@herringbone  thank you  I also asked christiansen and freinds  and thy also said No

I would say rather a small danish company then  a in house  design also discovered that Bovenkamp also  sold Knud Faerch wich is i think not de designer of the chair  in post above  I share your doubt of Kofod Larsen since there are add's with a chair of Bovenkamp wit the MS name wich resembles  kofod

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register