Your favorite thing  

Page 2 / 4
  RSS

NULL NULL
(@klm-3verizon-net)
Famed Member
30/09/2009 6:10 am  

Speaking for my brother here..
...the one who drew the comic strip that i posted above.
This photo is of my brother in 1954. He just posted it on Facebook, and the chair he was sitting in as he posted it is the one in the photo, a Paul McCobb Planner Group chair. My parents had two but only one survived. I think it's one of my brother's favorite things.

ReplyQuote
Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
30/09/2009 9:34 pm  

Diogenes
This is my favorite object, a lamp I believe was designed by Robsjohn-Gibbings. I love how open and clean the design is. It's refreshing to see it every day.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
01/10/2009 12:10 am  

I've been thinking about...
I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now. My "favorite thing" changes regularly (monthly, weekly, even daily. I remember ten years ago, it would have been something Italian and plastic...perhaps an Enzo Mari Timor calendar. A year or so after that, a Timo Sarpaneva glass vase. A year after that an Evelyn Ackerman Mosaic, then maybe a Lagardo Tackett cookie jar. You get the idea.
These days, I find myself attracted to organic, minimalist designs in wood- turned bowls in particular.
That said, what I'm really digging today is my Buff Brown walnut cutting board. There are pictures of a similar ones below. It will probably be something else soon....

ReplyQuote
Pegboard Modern
(@davidpegboardchicago-com)
Illustrious Member
12/10/2009 12:21 am  

The saga continues...
Well, subsequent to my acquiring the sculpture I first posted in this thread, I managed to get in touch with the artist Charles Farkas. I began corresponding with him and his daughter. He is currently living in Rome.
I found out all about the history of the sculpture and discovered the title is "Human Tower" which is interesting because it had reminded me of the "Town Musicians" sculpture in Bremen, Germany. I was delighted that I was able to reach Mr Farkas and he seemed pleased that I like the sculpture so much.
They contacted me last month about the pieces they had here in the States and offered me the opportunity to buy them. I could not afford both pieces, but I did manage to purchase this one. It is titled "Angel" and I think it lis a great piece and looks fantastic in our home with "Human Tower".
They have a few of Charles' pieces still and may be offering them for sale in the future. I'd encourage anyone who has the chance to see these in person to seize that opportunity and if you are able to purchase one, I think they are just spectacular and well worth the investment.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@paulbustownmodern-com)
Prominent Member
12/10/2009 12:40 am  

!
Beautiful! And they look incredible together!

ReplyQuote
DudeDah
(@dudedah)
Noble Member
12/10/2009 1:12 am  

Nice work Peggy...
would love to see those sometime!!
Fantastic discoveries. "Human Tower" is pretty impressive. How tall is it...or is that mentioned earlier in the thread...too lazy to read.

ReplyQuote
Tulipman
(@tulipman)
Illustrious Member
12/10/2009 9:38 am  

WOW-Pure genious!
-that is a perfect pairing,if ever I saw one!

ReplyQuote
derrick flint
(@derrick-flint)
29/11/2009 6:02 am  

BEAUTIFUL!
The sculptures by Charles Farkas are simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing... You mentioned that the had a couple more available. May I know how to reach him, or how to go about seeing the pieces? Please help... Thank you..

ReplyQuote
Pegboard Modern
(@davidpegboardchicago-com)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2012 5:26 pm  

It's been a while
... since this thread was added to and I'm sure there are others who would have a contribution, so I thought I'd bump it up and add this piece to my list of favorites.
It's a bird sculpture by Donald Drumm. It was a gift from friends of mine who knew about our bird collection and it's perched on the coffee table in our family room where we enjoy it every day.
To me it looks like Don Drumm took one part Aldo Londi, one part Dr. Seuss, a pinch of his whimsical surface treatment, and mixed it all with his molten aluminum to make this fine fowl.

ReplyQuote
Tulipman
(@tulipman)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2012 5:47 pm  

Love dat bird!!!!
Whimsical element,yet fine art!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2012 9:07 pm  

My favorite thing...
has to be Mr Scamper, my old cat. But my second favorite thing is my partner of nearly 20 years. They both bring me great joy. Everything else can be replaced.

ReplyQuote
Riki
 Riki
(@riki)
Illustrious Member
09/03/2012 10:08 pm  

My favorite
thing TODAY is my new kitchen ceiling lamp that I snagged off French ebay.

ReplyQuote
william-holden-...
(@william-holden)
Famed Member
09/03/2012 11:47 pm  

Wow-- nice lamp, RIki!
It's gorgeous, but what ARE those smaller tendrils near the ceiling? Do they serve a purpose, or are they strictly something-or-other?

ReplyQuote
Riki
 Riki
(@riki)
Illustrious Member
10/03/2012 12:24 am  

No purpose,
just decorative. 3 "prongs" are just brass rods with little balls on the ends, the other 3 are brass rods with red plastic spears.
If my ceiling was flat, I could spread them out more, but with those beams in the way, I had to kind of point them down toward the floor more.

ReplyQuote
HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
10/03/2012 2:33 am  

Yesterdays favourite thing, I used to put a radiused edge on boards with a router but sometimes thats probematic and is never as nice as a shaved edge, this wonderful tool does it faster and better, is virtually silent, costs nothing to run and just by angling it gives different results without having to buy seperate expensive router bits, the blunt fingernail edge is so slight but feels totally different to the fingers than a flat.
Riki, can you paint your interior woodwork?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register