Design Addict

Cart

What's your Mahogan...

What's your Mahogany Association Number?  

Page 1 / 27
  RSS

Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 4:01 am  

If you have a piece of mahogany furniture made prior to 1969, it probably has a Mahogany Association sticker on it certifying that it's genuine mahogany and not a lesser wood dyed to resemble mahogany. These stickers also bore a number that was meant to be used exclusively by that manufacturer.

As far as I know, that list of numbers and corresponding manufacturers has been lost. If you have one of these stickers, please post your number and the manufacturer of your piece--or, if you don't know the manufacturer, just post the number on your Mahogany Association sticker and any information (pics would be helpful) you have about the piece.

The goal is to reassemble that list so that anyone with a Mahogany Association sticker will be able to identify its manufacturer.

Sound fun? I'll go first.

Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 4:02 am  

422 = Gordon's Fine Furniture
I have a kidney-shaped mahogany coffee table that bears a Mahogany Association, Inc. sticker with the number 422. The manufacturer of my table was Gordon's Fine Furniture, Johnson City, TN.

ReplyQuote
Kenya
(@kenya)
06/10/2006 2:24 am  

I have a full size...
I have a full size bed,dresser, mirror,and chest. The number is 332 and the manufacturer, I assume is Hungerford of Memphis, TN. There is also a tag in the dresser with the number SO 78028.

ReplyQuote
d googe
(@d-googe)
06/03/2007 6:37 am  

Mahogany Assoc. #
My husband and I were given a table that belonged to his grandparents. There is the #3806 on the underside. Additionally, the remaining portion of the sticker is "Imperial" Grand Rapids and I believe it is (Mi) The label refers to a penalty law #123 Mahogany Association, Inc. I am looking for any info about this piece of furniture. It is a table that 1/2 folds over onto the other 1/2 creating what i describe as a sofa table. The tabletop portion will also rotate to uncover a hidden compartment. The table part sits on what looks like a harp which is connected to the 4 legs. It has a scrolling design on the harp section.
I am not very knowledgable on the topic of furniture. I do know that is is a very nice table and unique.
Thanks for help...anybody.
D. Googe

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@summerdatesyahoo-com)
30/03/2007 12:40 am  

Mahogany Association number
I bought a small desk L-44" W-20" H- 30" with a branded logo of an Eagle that has The Company of Permo-weld Mastercraftsmen and a gold sticker that says it Genuine Mahogany and "under penalty of contract number 228" also the numbers S8824 D217628
and under the three drawers has the branded numbers 37 on the two side drawers and 37 A on the middle one.
Can anyone tell me what it all means?
I bought it at a garage sale for $2. but its badly scratched so im sanding it down and painting the top.

ReplyQuote
Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
01/04/2007 5:15 am  

228 = Permo-Weld Mastercraftsmen
The Mahogany Association label identifies your piece as being true mahogany, not another wood dyed to resemble mahogany. Each manufacturer in the association had its own unique number. Apparently 228 was the Mahogany Association number of 'Permo-weld Mastercraftsmen.'

ReplyQuote
ketcham1
(@ketcham1)
02/09/2007 5:19 am  

I have an oval shaped pink marble top table with this number

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@sungsoupyahoo-com)
02/01/2008 5:32 pm  

mahogany association,inc.
I have a kidney shaped coffee table.You are able to release the leaves(one at each end)to have a drop leaf rectangle table.The piece has two labels inside the drawer,one being a red and gold crown with a green (crest?)seal with "Imperial""Grand Rapids Mich".Below that another sticker(Rectangler)stating-"the exposed structural parts and plywood faces guaranteed,GENUINE MAHOGANY(genuine mahogany grows only in West Indies,Tropical America,and West Coast Africa)This label issued under penalty contract.
Number 123
MAHOGANY ASSOCIATION INC
copyright usa

ReplyQuote
esmom
(@esmom)
01/02/2008 8:41 pm  

demi-lune table number
I have a small demi-lune table with the number 123. Also, stamped in ink in larger numbers on the table bottom itself is the number 1522. There is no manufacturer information, but I see from other posts that it appears to have been made by Imperial Co. in Grand Rapids.
On closer inspection, I did see a tiny fragment of another sticker that is green with white (?) writing. I could make out the letters "mp" which are probably from "Imperial." I looked up this company and found this info:
Imperial Furniture Co., Grand Rapids (1903-1962)
founded by E.H. Foote
purchased by Bergsma Brothers, 1955
Also: "F. Stuart Foote...started Imperial Furniture Company, one of the largest makers of high-quality tables in the 1920s and '30s."

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@splitstonedayahoo-com)
02/02/2008 11:44 pm  

Mahagony Association
I have a dining set that is labeled with the Mahagony Association, Inc. label with the number 126 and was made by the Rockford National Furniture Co. in Rockford, Ill.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@tochris100hotmail-com)
07/02/2008 10:27 am  

416 Magohany Assoc number
We have 4 dining chairs and one captain's chair. They all have Mahogany printed on the bottom, specifically 1"800 Chair Mahogany" & one with "1800 Arm Chair Mahogany." You can see where all 5 once had the Mahogany Association label, however the label has come off all but one chair. That one says: "All Exposed Parts guaranteed. Solid genuine Mahogany. Genuine Mahogany grows only in West Indies, Tropical America, and West Coast Africa. This Label issued under penalty contract #416. Mahogany Assocation Inc. Copyright USA." Any suggestions on how to determine value or age?

ReplyQuote
Jan133
(@jan133)
24/02/2008 7:27 pm  

542 = Hekman Furniture of Grand Rapids, MI
My husband just bought two tables with the Mahogany Association sticker on them and the number of the item is 542. The tables also have a sticker that say Hekman Furniture, Grand Rapids MI.

ReplyQuote
Bobbi
(@bobbi)
20/04/2008 11:25 am  

What's your Mahogany Association Number?
Hi,
My number is 127, I think the dresser is from the Tennessee area. Does anyone know what the metal "George Washington Bi-Centennial 1732-1932" means? This is also on the back of my dresser.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@sweetthingsvintagecableone-net)
05/05/2008 12:16 am  

413 By Victorian
I have just acquired two marble top end tables with the Mahogany Association Sticker with the number 413. One of the two has a Woodburned Stamp Mark "By Victorian". Any additional information would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Becky Sweet

ReplyQuote
marilyn
(@marilyn)
13/05/2008 12:50 am  

I have an 1884 mahogany asso. plant stand with a marble top. What is it worth?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 27
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register