Design Addict

Cart

Knoll table?  

RSS

NULL NULL
(@paulbustownmodern-com)
Prominent Member
18/09/2006 9:40 am  

Hey everyone - long time lurker here from Columbus, OH.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think this is a fake (and a clumsy one at that)?

I know I've seen Knoll labels for sale on eBay before... Already 25 bids!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-MOD-KNOLL-SAARINEN-MARBLE-TOP-TULIP-DINING-TABLE_W0QQitemZ300027678279QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63576QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 9:46 am  

Well, the label looks mint wh...
Well, the label looks mint while the table is obviously pretty old/damaged. Actually, the label looks like bad photoshop.

ReplyQuote
James Collins
(@james-collins)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 10:58 am  

Knoll or not?
The table looks genuine but you need to see under the top. The Knoll 54" table base does look a bit clunkier to my eye than the smaller table bases to support the extra weight and leverage of the bigger top. The label design/address is circa '65.

ReplyQuote
Brent
(@brent)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2006 11:33 am  

Knoll label
Just to clarify, the problem with the label is that it looks pristine on a table that's in poor condition. Without ever having seen the table, I suspect that either the label isn't attached to the table at all and the seller is only showing an image of a Knoll lable to (dishonestly) illustrate that the table is authentic, or the label was bought and attached to the table recently. Also note that this seller only has about 20 feedback points.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@paulbustownmodern-com)
Prominent Member
18/09/2006 7:08 pm  

Definitely wasn't planning...
Definitely wasn't planning on bidding on it, just thought it looked a little fishy. Thanks for your responses.

ReplyQuote
(@jazzbosympatico-ca)
Famed Member
19/09/2006 2:17 am  

Ha.....
The Knoll label definitely looks like a bad phoyoshop job. It is positioned exactly to fit in the upper left corner of the photo. It also appears like it is on the top surface of the table! So badly done it is almost funny.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register