Very special and heavy mid-century candle light pair named “Variabel” made of solid brass by Pierre Forssell for Skultuna – Sweden 1960s. He designed these candleholders to make the whole candle visible when burning. The arm slides through the body to hold the candle in an upstraight position. Signed engraved on the bottom. Good vintage condition. Measures: 17 cmH x 9 cmW x 4 cmD. Pierre Oskar Paul Forssell was born 1925 in Stockholm and died in 2004. He was a Swedish designer, craftsman and silversmith. Forssell worked for Gense in 1952–1964 where he designed the fork Piruett (presented in 1955 on H55) and the cutlery series Spectra (1961). He also performed works for Skultuna Brassworks in 1955 and 1986, for example the wall lamps Pendel and Reflex. He also designed sacred art in brass, such as crosses and candlesticks for a number of churches.
Brass candle holder pair Variabel by Pierre Forsell for Skultuna, Sweden 1960s
Availability: In stock
Mid-century candle light pair “Variabel” made of heavy brass by Pierre Forssell for Skultuna – Sweden 1960s.
6 people are looking at this product
DESIGN ADDICT'S COMMITMENTS
- Best price: same as in gallery
- If you are not happy with the product, we'll reimburse you!
- Payment 100% secure
- Worldwide shipping with specialized carriers
Any questions ?
Reference number: #109533
|Dimensions||7 × 4 × 17 cm|
|Style of product|
|Location of item||Sweden|
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Offer Sent! Your offer has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.
- Error: Insufficient offer! Please make a new offer.