Design Addict

Cart

Repair/Restore 1966...

Repair/Restore 1966 Richard Schultz on the cheap?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

NULL NULL
(@nelsonsmac-com)
09/09/2014 10:43 am  

Price range?
How reasonable are we talking about? I'm looking at getting 4 lounge chairs that need new slings and wondering, what am i getting into?

ReplyQuote
Patrick Rice
(@patrickericeaol-com)
11/10/2014 7:39 am  

The ONLY!!!! Person to restore patio furniture, especially Richard Schultz and Walter Lamb, is Eric Drury. 
The dude does everything right! I have lounge chairs, dining chairs, lounge chairs, and tables that he has restored. I am extremely happy with the results and the price. Call and leave him a message, better yet text him since he is always busy. YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!
Edited by DA (no personal contact info in the forum please).

ReplyQuote
eric.d
(@eric-d)
30/05/2015 4:39 pm  

375/ ea

ReplyQuote
eric.d
(@eric-d)
31/05/2015 8:13 am  

Just figured out how to get email notifications to correspond more promptly in this forum:)

ReplyQuote
bkaplan
(@bkaplan)
03/09/2015 7:43 pm  

We had great results working with Eric Drury. He re-slung two Schultz chairs and one chaise with beautiful results. His fee was so reasonable that we were able to fly him to our home on the island of Dominica, and the project remained within budget. There is no way we could have done the installation ourselves. It is great to see pieces that have been in my family since the sixties both looking and functioning so well.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
14/04/2016 3:03 am  

I own the Richard Schultz Topiary products with maintenance and repair being a low priority. Is there a point you ask...
Yes, today I spoke with my intimate knowledge Richard Schultz friend on a different subject (summertime visit) and remembered to ask about the 1966 production webbing and slings so often mentioned in this forum.
"The only proprietary product on the 1966 products are the coatings" (sometimes called paint).
I did not ask the webbing and slings supply source via phone nor will I ask in writing. I will get a verbal answer to webbing and sling jobber during my June or July visit (pleasant weather in the NE).
Sewing and fabrication remains an issue dealt with on an individual basis at some local level.

ReplyQuote
desertmodern56
(@desertmodern56)
16/07/2020 9:08 pm  

Hi there, I realize this is an old thread, but we tried Eric Drury for redoing our Schultz furniture. He sounded expert and knowledgable, and asked for a 50% deposit, which we paid. Nearly two years later, and untold number of promises broken - "You're very next in line!", "I'm working on them right now!" "I don't have my shop set up yet" "I'll come pick up your furniture next weekend" etc. etc. etc. for almost two years. We started inquiring with some of the modern furniture dealers in Palm Springs about other options, and when they heard we had given money to Drury, with hand to forehead they all said he USED to be good but has gone off the rails, has let a lot of people down and owes money left and right. We wish we had known before we threw our money away. Very sad.

ReplyQuote
modcupl28
(@modcupl28)
02/04/2021 6:13 am  

Hi desertmodern56.  I'm in the Palm Springs area also looking for someone to re-sling my Schultz chairs.  If not Drury, who did you end up using for this work and can you recommend them?  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
BruceO
(@bruceo)
17/05/2021 11:52 pm  

Yep, we lost $1000 to Eric.  We ended up ordering replacement Slings directly from Knoll. They gave us a pretty good discount on them and the chairs only ended up costing about $75 ea over what Eric quoted. 

ReplyQuote
WD333
(@wd333)
17/05/2021 11:59 pm  

Hi Bruce O, would like to get in contact with you..

ReplyQuote
furnituredesign
(@furnituredesign)
22/07/2021 9:39 pm  

Hi Everyone, who would you use to refurbish Richard Schultz  if not Eric Drury?  We are in Northern California, but Southern California is okay too.  Thank you!

ReplyQuote
furnituredesign
(@furnituredesign)
22/07/2021 9:41 pm  

Were you able to find someone else to refurbish Richard Schultz furniture.  I had Eric Drury's name from years ago, but it sounds like he's not the go to person anymore?  Thank you!  - sorry for the double posts, i'm still trying to figure this forum out.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
ShannonG
(@shannong)
25/02/2022 2:46 am  

Hi,

This is the first time I have responded  to any posts so hope I do correctly.
As mentioned by another member, an old thread but I too had a similar incident with Eric Drury. At least 4 years ago I contacted him because his number and email was posted on the forum. We talked, I was impressed with his knowledge. I sent, via greyhound,  1 lounge chair  to him and he asked for a deposit which I direct deposited into his bank account. Almost 2 years went by and I kept getting put off so I finally called it a loss. Out of curiosity I went back to this thread and was surprised to see other people had a similar experience. Not only did he get $500 plus but he also has my chair. Luckily I only sent one chair and not all 3. He suggested I buy a 4th from his inventory which I had planned to do. I was initially so pleased to find someone of his caliber. 
So my question is, has anyone every been able to recoup their losses?  I simply gave up.  Doesn’t seem right. Any advice from other members? 

ReplyQuote
catdog
(@catdog)
28/02/2022 10:59 am  

hello all, I am hoping to restore my outdoor shultz dining set but cant seem to figure out how to dismantle it. Is it possible to remove the sling from the frame with out unpicking the leather on the sling? any info would be greatly appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register