Kai Kristiansen nes...

Kai Kristiansen nesting tables?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

vintageobssesive
(@vintageobssesive)
Trusted Member
05/04/2016 6:05 am  

Hi. I recently picked up a set of 3 teak nesting tables. No markings on the underside except for a generic "Made in Denmark" stamp.
They look to be the nesting tables designed by Kia Kristiansen for Vildbjerg Mobelfabrik.
Is there any way to tell for certain? Thanks for any input. Cheers!

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
05/04/2016 6:17 am  

Go looking for a marked set. The would at least show the manufacturer. Beyond that it may be hard to prove the designer. I have seen the "Kai Kristiansen for Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik" attribution many times, but I've never seen any evidence Kai Kristiansen had anything to do with the company, nor any other designer, and the internet is filled with garbage attributions, so it is hard to know if there is anything to it.

ReplyQuote
vintageobssesive
(@vintageobssesive)
Trusted Member
05/04/2016 3:32 pm  

Thanks Leif. Methinks more research is in order....

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
06/04/2016 1:34 am  

I found very similar tables with the mark on photo 1. Isn't Vildbjerg mark the one on photo 2?
There are a few Vildbjerg pieces that really look similar to Aksel Kjersgaard's. I guess the Kristiansen attributions come from that...

ReplyQuote
vintageobssesive
(@vintageobssesive)
Trusted Member
06/04/2016 5:38 am  

Thanks DrPoulet. The only mark on these tables are the "Made in Denmark" stamp as attached with no manufacturer's mark.
Out of curiosity what site did you find the tables?
Cheers.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
06/04/2016 11:42 pm  

Here you are:
http://www.pamono.fr/tables-gigognes-de-vildbjerg-mobelfabrik-danemark-s...
Not exactly the same tables but looks like the same line to me.
But then, the fact that yours is stamped but with a totally different stamp seems suspicious...

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
07/04/2016 1:13 am  

Bruun Rasmussen seems to confirm logo 1 is indeed Vildbjerg's. An earlier version probably.
They also seem to confirm the Kristiansen - Vildbjerg connection.
https://live.bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/B36E0CD6074E?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww...
https://live.bruun-rasmussen.dk/m/lots/2517BAA7D6D6?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww...

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
07/04/2016 8:01 am  

The VM logo is Vildbjerg. I've seen the same design with different times with the two different logos. And Bruun-Rasmussen is actually reliable enough you can probably believe they are right.
I notice the other piece is not credited to Kai Kristiansen....

ReplyQuote
Vildbjerg LKJ
(@vildbjerg-lkj)
06/11/2016 8:53 pm  

Evidence for the collaboration between Kai Kristiansen and Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik.
The Jørgensen family has run Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik since 1942, where the cabinetmaker Aksel Jørgensen took over the factory after his mentor Anker Larsen. In 1950 a new factory was built and over years expanded continuously. The production included exclusive furniture’s mostly for export. A coffee table with a patented lift system so that it also could be used as a dining table was among the most popular models. Niels Ove Jørgensen took over the factory in 1978. The range of product got extended and new production facilities were built in 1988. The company was sold in 1996. From 1958 to 1996 Kai Kristiansen has designed nearly all the furniture’s for Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik.
My grandfather was Aksel Jørgensen. I have known Kai Kristiansen as long as I can remember. I meet him last time in spring 2015.
The nesting tables that you are discussing are all from Vildbjerg Møbelsfabrik and designed by Kai Kristiansen. The model number for the small one has number 133 and the bigger one have number 134.
I have many catalogues as evidence for the connection between Kai Kristiansen and Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik.
Please look at the attached photos.
You are welcome to contact me, if you want to know more about furniture from Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik designed by Kai Kristiansen. I have documentation for all models in the period from 1958 to 1996.

maxpato liked
ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
06/11/2016 11:41 pm  

I would love to see some of the catalogs presented here. The history of Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik is basically unknown, aside from your post. It is great to learn about all the danish furniture companies. And the Kai Kristiansen connection would definitely make people take notice.

ReplyQuote
secrettruth
(@secrettruth)
07/11/2016 12:14 am  

I'm would be interested in seeing catalogs also. However thanks for sharing the information that you have, it's very interesting.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
07/11/2016 12:32 am  

Hi. Many thanks for your post! It is always great to hear some first-hand background information about danish furniture companies. It is also nice to have a confirmation that Kristiansen actually designed for Vildbjerg.
I also would be very interrested to have a look at your catalogs from the 1950s to mid-60s. If you have them scanned, I would love to have them.
How can you be contacted?

ReplyQuote
secrettruth
(@secrettruth)
07/11/2016 10:45 am  

Currently we don't have confirmation of anything. That single page, and someone claiming to be a grandson does not confirm anything. I want to see more of the evidence that he claims to have . My gut tells something is not right here. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to apologize and stand corrected. If he has catalogs of "evidence" he should post it here, in this forum for everyone to see. That single page that was posted seem somewhat suspect and very easy to fabricate.
More evidence is needed to confirm these claims.

ReplyQuote
Vildbjerg LKJ
(@vildbjerg-lkj)
09/11/2016 10:59 pm  

Thanks for the positive comments.
For the "negative" comment. I do not need to prove anything. I just spent some time helping some furniture and design enthusiasts who wants some information about products from Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik. This factory and the products has been a great part of my life. I even trained as professionel cabinetmaker at the factory in 1990 and I have worked there since I was 13. I am not use to using blogs like this. I was disappointed, angry and sad when I saw the comments from the "secrettruth". Of course, I can scan everything in so you can enjoy it. This takes time and I'm considering to do it in my sparetime later on. I am use to work with and be surrounded by people who show me confidence and I am surprised that some one questions my statements like “secrettruth”. I have attached pictures of some of my documentation. My father Niels Ove Jorgensen have of course also many documents, pictures and so on. If this not convince you of the cooperation between Kai Kristiansen and Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik it doesn’t matter. I do not care. I will not disclose private familypictures with my family along with Kai, documentation for my family connection and so on. That's all for now. I am considering about wasting my time on a forum like this if there is no trust between those who use it. Sorry for my bad english.

maxpato liked
ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 7:53 am  

Secrettruth is not a frequent user of this forum and has just proven himself/herself to be rude, immature, and ungrateful. It would be my hope that secrettruth not return.
You need not apologize for your English. It is far, far better than my Danish. I am honored that you bothered to learn it to speak to my inadequately educated self in a language I understand. Speaking of which I recently learned that Old Norse and Old English were essentially the same language. So my English is essentially a Scandinavian language.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register