Kai Kristiansen nes...

Kai Kristiansen nesting tables?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 3:33 pm  

Just ignore secrettruth's comment. I get the feeling that he or she has not been around here long enough to recognize the difference between someone like you and someone who is making up a story. Other family members of designers and furniture producers have shown up here and believe me, we are very happy when they do! Catalogs only tell a small part of the story of furniture. People who were there, and people who knew the people who were there add SO much more. And the great thing about this forum is that this information stays visible for years and years, so you have a chance to correct misconceptions that can flourish online.
So--tak for det, og velkommen!

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
10/11/2016 4:57 pm  

Indeed, please ignore the previous negative comment. There are many of us here that find any insight into the Danish furniture world absolutely invaluable and intriguing.
Please know, that any time you have spent, or would spend here, is greatly appreciated by many.
Also, certainly no need for apologies on your English, it is excellent and quite understandable. There is no doubt that you communicate in English far more efficiently than I do in other languages, especially Danish!

ReplyQuote
designisalltome
(@designisalltome)
Eminent Member
10/11/2016 8:44 pm  

same here. I am not as active on the forum than leif ericson, spanky and Zephyr, but for what my word worth, I can tell that your insight is more than welcome. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have been gathering documentation on Scandinavian design for ages and I (we all) would love to have a look to what you have. If there is any way we could get in contact with you, feel free to let us know.

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
26/05/2020 3:37 am  

Hi design addicts/Danish Modern lovers

What  a lesson we learnt ! To be honest, I didnt even need proof the Tables or furniture were designed by K Kristiansen, I could tell just by seeing and touching the quality made by VM or FM... I had my first KK shelves in 1990, superbly made by FM.

How lucky we are at having the oportunity to see those Danish furniture catalogues downloaded by a pure Danish cabinet maker! I was so glad and grateful to Mr Jorgensen as those catalogues are pure gold.

Wheres Mr Secrettruth apology? 

I got two sets of cube coffee tables designed By KK, one is made in rosewood, has no stamps at all but I know they are KK by a unknown maker. The other set is made in Teak wood and has an a ungraved stamp, I assume is VM? 

Both sets are pure gems! Superb quality like my other Danish table made by an English gentleman Mr Charles France.

Can anyone help me to identify the maker? I appreciate your support in advance.

Max

The Sony Guy

1590457063-image.jpeg

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
26/05/2020 11:01 am  

Hi Are these KK tables made by VM? 

comments please .

max                                                                                                                                                                                        

The Sony Guy

1590483710-image.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
26/05/2020 9:13 pm  

Hi @maxpato and welcome to the forum. Fist of all: I don't want to interfere with your enthusiasm but I doubt that you could tell just by seeing and touching whether a piece was designed by Kai Kristiansen. Don't get me wrong, he is a good designer, but nobody can if the piece is not known. And Vildbjerg was just one of many factories which produced pretty well made furniture made of teak, rosewood and oak in the high time of Danish modern, but there was certainly no cabinetmaking in the sense of Johannes Hansen/Willy Beck/PP Mobler cabinetmaking involved and they don't belong on the list of the top notch makers. As for your tables: It would be good to see more photos. Just uplode one, go back and edit the post, upload a second one and so forth. I have no idea about the stamp, but it's not Vildbjerg, that's for sure.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
26/05/2020 10:24 pm  

Hi Herring no pro you are welcome, you are not interfering with my hobby at all,on the contrary ,I love it because out there,there are people who care about Danish design and not the  G-Plan,Im sorry its not my cup of coffee, (I don't drink  Tea).

You could see and recognise  a Concord from miles away without being close or touch it ! in the same way I can recognise a KK ,Frem Rojle ,an Alvar Aalto or a F&Son furniture : look and touch.

KK is classy like Akio Morita or Masaro Ibuka ,there are lots of Danish designers but he is one of my favourites  ,but "In colours and flavours there are no doctors ".

Thanks so much  for looking into the stamp ,definitely they  are KK design but I dont  know the maker .In other words is there, but we are not there!

---------

Input by  Julia from Classic Modern:26-5-20

"Max, interesting story.

I’m afraid I don’t have any info about Vildbjerg Møbelfabrik. I briefly considered the possibility of a connection between the Jørgensen family of Vildbjerg Møbler and the Jørgensen family of NA Jørgensens Møbelfabrik (Bramin), but although their two locations (Vildbjerg and Bramming) are both in western Jutland, they are not located close enough to suggest a connection.

Sorry not to be able to help.
Sounds as if the grandson Askel has more info though. I guess you’ve already followed up on that?
Best wishes
Julia"

"Thank you Max, good to know that you find the site useful.
Very interesting to see the catalogues. Amazing really how much of the history of Danish modern design still remains uncovered.
Julia"

------------

Just got my ultra Modernist Speaker -part furniture:  Sony APM-6 ,1981 ES , I think the only sample in Europe, and none  in America .Its design is from the  other world , parading next to my KK cube cutes ,they look fantastic .plus I got Corona !

Max

photos Kk cube trio,Sony APM-6 1981ESPRIT

Alvar Aalto 406 chair, France and Son coffee table.

1590524679-image.jpeg
1590532976-image.jpeg

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
07/06/2020 7:50 pm  

Hi design addicts hope you are ok because im not ! just sat and had a second off to realised the KK cube set I bought on Ebay uk were ... a replicas ! not even close to the real Mc Coy ,they look nice but at close range they are grotesque compared to a KK set. Regarding the stamp? just found  out its probably the ugliest thing Ive  ever possessed ! and is a G-plan OML .

Items were returned , bought another set from USA. Eye and touch and the fakes will be unearthed 

max

1591552221-image.png
1591552271-image.jpeg
1591552312-image.png
1591552385-image.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
11/06/2020 1:57 pm  

I really don't know what the Sony APM-6 is, but I love your posts, man. Keep on with your search for the KK nesting tables. I wish you luck.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
11/06/2020 3:30 pm  

Alo Mr Von Herring how could you ? Dont even heard of them: Sony APM-6 speakers !  .I know why ,you must be a young person interested in Design .

Year: 1965 New York ,World International Fair, all fantastic, but one thing  called  my attention and it was Sony -Telefunken electronics displayed on Danish furniture,shinning on the marvelous parket flooring .

Since then  that has been my pattern of design and decoration at home.Blessfully we live in Europe  or other fantastic countries in which thanks to E-bay and Youtube we can adquire anything and cheap , contrary to our ancestors who had to pay lots of money to get the same nowadays.

Sony was a lider in design, and displayed its gear  in a Danish Modernist setting in one of the pages in the Owner Manuals.I used to look for ages at the furniture, lights,shelves etc and promised to my self that one  day Ill possess them all .

Sony APM (Accurate Pistonic Motion) 8/6/4/77 were made in the late 80s /90s designed by Akio Morita Sony funder, The design of them is  more than impressive ,solid plywood ,50-100 kg each speaker. None sold on shops but by order only. 

I stagnated myself in the 50-70s Modernist era where  Danish- Finn design  was and is the rule.

I love this site in wich we can find  the mud and the gold mixed but in the end  we learn from each other and we can see beautiful furniture design for our enjoyment.

Max 

The Sony Guy

photos

Sony TA-1150 Owners manual setting page 1974

Cado shelving by Paul Cadovius 1960

Sony APM -6 speakers 1981 , France and Son (Cado) table 1960  and yes !! An IKEA lamp.beautiful one.2007

1591882241-image.png
1591882291-image.png
1591882629-image.jpeg

ReplyQuote
maxpato
(@maxpato)
19/06/2020 11:41 am  

Hi Vild Fantastic reply , what a catalogues !! is there any chance you can sell me one catalogue in which Kai Kristiansen Cube set is  depicted and described? 

I ned to have one .

regards

max

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register