Cart

Buying a Eames loun...

Buying a Eames lounge chair from the states and shipping to europe  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

NULL NULL
(@p7theatrehotmail-com)
11/06/2007 7:43 pm  

I would like to purchase a Eames lounge chair. However the VAT in norway is 25% and that is a big put off. Its half price if I buy it from the states. Even after I've paid all the extras. So what I need to know does anybody have any experience with this sort of thing. i.e. have you yourself done this and what are the pit falls if any.

Kind regards LOCKHEART

Antonella
(@antonella)
Noble Member
12/06/2007 6:31 am  

useful link
useful link
http://www.vitra.com/home/default.asp?lang=no_en&stat=1

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@p7theatrehotmail-com)
12/06/2007 4:01 pm  

Thanks but no thanks
I've been that route I like the chair. But cannot part with the 50-65,000kr (kroners) it would cost.
Anybody out there with any ideas.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@nickmaxsportmotors-co-uk)
Estimable Member
12/06/2007 8:36 pm  

I don't think Herman Miller...
I don't think Herman Miller sell outside of the US due to Vitra rights in Europe?
Could be worth buying a 'nearly' new chair from the States although you will have to watch import duty etc (very expensive in UK), not sure about Norway?
Good luck.

ReplyQuote
peter osullivan
(@petewosullivanaol-com)
Famed Member
12/06/2007 9:48 pm  

I enquired to having some...
I enquired to having some furniture shipped last year whilst on holiday, It was a Herman Miller Soft pad arm chair located in a consignment store in Palm Springs CA The chair was approximately 20 years old so it was classed as 2nd hand
If I remember correctly they wanted 400USD to ship it to my nearest port (Liverpool United Kingdom)
The chair was up for 700 USD so the total with shipping was 1100USD As far as I could work out I had to pay around 22% (VAT and duty combined) not only on the item but also the shipping
(After weighing it up I decided against it as I was not making a big enough saving to warrant the hassle and potential damage / loss in transit)
Pete

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@paulannapaulanna-homechoice-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
12/06/2007 10:32 pm  

They probably double the insu...
They probably double the insurance premium if its going through Liverpool...... 😉
Seriously why not buy secondhand?

ReplyQuote
Nicolasking
(@nicolaszhaogmail-com)
12/06/2007 10:37 pm  

design furniture
hi,we are modern classic furniture producer in china,our website is www.modernclassic.cn ,if you have interests,please email me: nicolaszhao@gmail.com
http://www.modernclassic.cn

ReplyQuote
Nicolasking
(@nicolaszhaogmail-com)
12/06/2007 10:39 pm  

we produce the modern...
we produce the modern classic furniture,like barcelona chairs,tulip chairs,egg chair,swan chair,eames lounge chair.... and export all over the world.if you have interests,please email me : nicolaszhao@gmail.com

ReplyQuote
peter osullivan
(@petewosullivanaol-com)
Famed Member
12/06/2007 10:42 pm  

paulanna, I live in Liverpool...
paulanna, I live in Liverpool 🙁

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@p7theatrehotmail-com)
13/06/2007 8:52 pm  

Thanks everbody for all your...
Thanks everbody for all your input. The V.A.T in Norway is 25%. So I'll make a saving on my purchase in the states. I'll let you know how i get on.
Kind regards LOCKHEART

ReplyQuote
donsof
(@donsof)
Prominent Member
14/06/2007 6:14 am  

Hi
Sounds like you could us...
Hi
Sounds like you could use a friend in the states. For a fee, I could assist in the purchase and transport of such an easy piece to ship. Anything that can fit into a smaller package, by taking it apart, can be shipped into you, declared as a gift for a low value, and reassembled. I always use US Postal to ship global items. I sell on ebay and have 100 percent feedback. I have sold very valuable items, and built crates, custom boxes, and anything needed to get the job done. Most countries have a maximum box size, I always stay under that limit and pad extra. Its still slightly risky, and if the package travels for the lowest rate, you are waiting on a boat to cross the ocean. Its risky because once I send it, its hard to track and who knows about the handling care. email to donsof at yahoo dot com if needed.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@p7theatrehotmail-com)
14/06/2007 11:06 pm  

Thanks for the offer but I...
Thanks for the offer but I have it covered.
Kind regards LOCKHEART

ReplyQuote
Torres
(@torres)
Eminent Member
16/06/2007 6:47 pm  

Eames Lounge
I have access to and have sold quite a lot of the Herman Miller 670/671 and have 3 coming in.
I can offer you a standard Eames/ Herman Miller 670+671 walnut/ black leather brand new in box and all delivered in Norway (pick up at the post terminal in Oslo) for 32.000,00 DKr. (danske kroner). Delivery is 6-8 weeks.
Let me know

ReplyQuote
kothous
(@chair2000yahoo-cn)
28/06/2010 9:37 am  

I find another site,you may...
I find another site,you may try
(edited by DA - no advertising please!)

ReplyQuote
(@jazzbosympatico-ca)
Famed Member
28/06/2010 10:09 am  

Thanks for advertising your...
Thanks for advertising your 'inspired by' knock-offs. Made in China nonetheless!
I would place an order, however I don't think that I can pronounce your name:'Foshan Shunde Lecong Jiaohui Furniture Factory located in Lecong Town, Foshan City, Guangdong, China'

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register