Cart

The Børge Mogensen ...

The Børge Mogensen Room  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

scottlindberg
(@scottlindberg)
12/04/2016 3:17 am  

Very nice! The patina on that leather is absolutely lovely!

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
13/04/2016 9:39 pm  

Great stuff, wonderfully done!

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
14/04/2016 3:03 am  

Here is the original 1955 exhibition of this model made by Erhard Rasmussen. I think the design deserves some space!

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
14/04/2016 10:01 pm  

Just finished the 3rd and last 3238 armchair. It has even better patina on the leather.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
14/04/2016 10:03 pm  

I just don't think I have space in the room to keep it...

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 2:55 pm  

Beautiful pieces and setting.
I particularly like the coffee table.

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 4:20 pm  

leif ericson,
I always think of me first. My goal in collecting Børge Mogensen would be... Copy you.
I appreciate of case goods. The Øresund series cabinet is fine. Congratulations the total package.
leif ericson I ask in ignorance. Is there some way (in keeping with your plan) to add a "blast of color" in your room?
Regardless, you have done a good work.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 4:57 pm  

The inspiration was in black and white, so i don't get much color guidance.
There is no plan as such. By which I mean to say that one can not start out with too precise a plan when it involves collecting complementary, but highly obscure, old Børge pieces in an out of the way desert that is sparsely populated and notoriously poor.
And you will notice that a Johannes Aasbjerg side table has remained in the room, because, as I have now discovered, Børge Mogensen did not design side tables. (Why not?).
And it isn't "fire season" so we aren't using the space, so I have free rein to create the room. What color would make you want to copy me more?

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 6:48 pm  

leif ericson,
I would be pleased if you copied me and added a similar Ege Rya boutique 140 cm X 200 cm Route 66 Farve 19 rug. I have this exact rug with the manufacturer tag on rear as original from my family furnishings when I was a preteen. I am fortunate.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 8:35 pm  

I think that is an excellent suggestion. In all my time collecting I still have yet to see one Rya where I live. I have to suppose they are out there, but apparently they are even less common than uncommon Børge Mogensen pieces....

ReplyQuote
niceguy
(@112952msn-com)
Illustrious Member
15/04/2016 9:37 pm  

leif ericson,
I am pleased you consider my suggestion worthwhile. I will mention this to my 83 year old mother and father when I speak with them this evening. I know my mom will be happy.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
17/04/2016 8:10 pm  

I had the chance to see and try these chairs last friday. I went to visit a dealer I know that had a set of four 3237 and two 3238. Really nice pieces and indeed they would go well with my table 🙂
Do you still have the fredericia stickers? If yes, would you mind posting a photo of them?

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
18/04/2016 2:47 am  

The stickers were long gone on my chairs by the time they got to me. From the photos I've seen they stuck the sticker onto the leather on the underside of the chair, which is not the best place to choose if want it to stay stuck.

ReplyQuote
urodd
(@urodd)
18/04/2016 7:12 am  

Beautifully executed room, looks absolutely fabulous. Not too minimal but not too over the top and the colours look great. It looks like you've put a lot of love and attention into getting this just right.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
18/04/2016 9:39 pm  

Leif, thanks for your answer. I was asking that to check the serie nr.
There are 2 codes on Fredericia stickers: model nr. and serie nr. I have the impression that the serie nr. is actually the production date in the format MYY.
Maybe I am wrong or maybe that is something everybody already knows... Can someone confirm?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register