Cart

Yet another Wassily...

Yet another Wassily identification problem  

RSS

fuzzyduck
(@fuzzyduck)
16/05/2019 10:14 am  

Hello!

I have joined this forum to get your professional opinion on some Wassily chairs. I got them from my aunt and stood there for >40 years. It comes with a original sidetable with gavini sticker. Unfortunately i cannot find any leatherstamps, stickers or other identification. Therefor i cannot tell for certain it are originals or not. I hope you can help. From what i have heared knoll stamped/engraved their chairs. So its either a gavini or a replica?

When did the licence expire, and the replica's appeared?

I hope this link to my server will not be taken down:

https://harro.myz.info/s/kboeb8XbEAxMX2C

Thanks in advance!

wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
17/05/2019 4:46 pm  

as i understand from previous discussions in this forum the caps on the end off the tube(buis) are a dead give away Originals have no caps the end off the tube is round  without any lines . 50 years ago teher were already eplica's 

ReplyQuote
fuzzyduck
(@fuzzyduck)
19/05/2019 9:41 pm  

Thank you!

Yes, ive read the same info about the endcaps. But i couldnt find anything about the expired licence.

Weird, since everything they own is a brand in their livingroom. Artifort, Gavini, Eames loungechair with certificate, corbusier LC2 by cassina. Therefor i find it hard to imagine the breurers are fake, but i guess the endcaps speak.

Gavini

ReplyQuote
fuzzyduck
(@fuzzyduck)
27/05/2019 11:20 pm  

While browsing this forum Ive read that end caps were intruduced, even by gavini/knoll. So that leaves me super confused, because the seats are accompanied by an original Gavini loccia sideta, also by breuer. That one HAS the Gavini sticker.

We pulled all kinds of originals from the house, so I'm tempted to call them original. Unfortunately I have no knowledge on how to identify them 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register