Design Addict

Cart

ID help needed plea...

ID help needed please - Unusual dining table and chairs, probably Danish. Designer and/or manufacturer ideas please?  

RSS

Mancunian
(@mancunian)
23/09/2020 7:29 pm  

Any ideas please as to designer or maker of these items? For more images see this page on my website http://insightimages.co.uk/danish-furniture-from-1969/

All items were bought in Manchester, UK at Malcolm Bishop's gallery in 1969 or 1970. I think all are teak. The table is circular, 4ft/1.2m wide, but splits in half to take 2 solid extensions. The metal rails for that split are stamped Rosengaarden, although table is not necessarily by him ...and I cannot see any Rosengaarden tables like this one. There is a similar G Plan table but I'm guessing that theirs wouldn't have Danish extenders? Top of leg detail isn't like anything else I can see (I've been looking for weeks now). The dining chairs are also a puzzle: they may be same designer but are unmarked. They have pegged sides like an Erik Buch design, but there the similarity ends. Unusual profile to the back supports -as they are "U" shaped. Joints are very good quality. 'Leatherette' seats show virtually no signs of wear after 50 years of use. A Sideboard bought at the same time was by Dyrlund designed by Henri Rosengren Hansen, but I can't see a connection with these items.

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Mancunian

Mancunian
(@mancunian)
24/09/2020 12:34 pm  

I haven't seen any other table legs with this shape and joint at the top

1600943655-sm-_MG_8001.jpg

ReplyQuote
Mancunian
(@mancunian)
24/09/2020 12:37 pm  

Pegged joints on the backrest on chairs, with backrest between supports is also continuing to evade me...

1600943830-sm-_MG_7976.jpg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register