Design Addict

Cart

Mid Century Modern ...

Mid Century Modern teak sofa and lounge armchair - Danish?  

RSS

Amber5
(@amber5)
Reputable Member
20/10/2021 10:33 pm  

I wonder if someone can recognize the design? These are the sort that can be dismantled into the parts easily (not glued).

1634762083-1.jpg
This topic was modified 3 years ago by Amber5

ThomasLitt
(@thomaslitt)
Eminent Member
21/10/2021 9:46 pm  

@amber5 -  I've been following the forum for a couple of years. You seem to be a furniture dealer who has absolutely no idea what he's trading in. Usually you learn your profession before you start, but you seem to be doing it the other way around, you use the knowledge of the members here to keep your business running. Sorry for the clear words, but it had to be done.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2021 3:43 pm  

@thomaslitt,

Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free?

This is what happens when the information economy meets the anonymity of the internet. I try to think of it as the price of membership to the Forum.

What I find most galling, though, is when offered accurate identification (with documentation!) of not-too-obscure pieces by knowledgeable and helpful long-time members, original posters can't be bothered to offer thanks (or even a simple acknowledgement!) in return. It happens all too often here.

Herringbone and lexi liked
ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2021 8:00 pm  

@lexi,

By coincidence, I was listening to a favorite record album from my younger days the other evening and (please don't take this the wrong way), when this song came on, I immediately thought of you for some reason!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsxnn6S-_NQ

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2021 8:38 pm  

@tktoo2. I just googled the words to that song.... I'll have to ponder  why I came to mind...I have a few ideas!!!  😏 

Then again random thoughts and connections can lead you in many directions ; no reason required, just sometimes with unexpected results.

Speaking of which I must listen to some of The Who albums; it's years since I have heard their "stuff". I was a big fan back in the day and I am sure I will enjoy listening again.

Thanks for the "thought".

Slainte.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

tktoo2 liked
ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
22/10/2021 8:43 pm  

I don't have a problem with dealers coming here looking for information, as long as they are polite and aren't posting every unmarked piece they come across.  While there have been some items I think Amber could have ID'd on her own with a little more effort, I don't think she abuses the Forum, and to tkttoo's point, at least she expresses appreciation for the help.  I know I have personally learned new information researching her questions, like there really was a designer named Holger Vestervig Ericksen.  Maybe she doesn't have years of experience working in a shop or auction house but I admire her for jumping into a business she has a passion for and learning as she goes.   I wish her much success and hope she continues to post.  

ReplyQuote
ThomasLitt
(@thomaslitt)
Eminent Member
22/10/2021 9:47 pm  

Maybe I was a little too insensitive, sorry for that.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register