Design Addict

Cart

Mid-century Furnitu...

Mid-century Furniture Collection (oh, and a telephone and a lamp), any idea?  

RSS

aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
18/02/2019 11:42 pm  

Hi all, my first post here as, while I have an interest in objects (being a designer), I had never a chance to be involved in the antique/vintage objects.
All this changed when I recently lost a relative and I inherited her home with all its content. My relative lived in Greece but traveled in the ‘60s all around Europe for business but also to buy her furniture/accessories.

I managed to identify many of them (like many pieces by TH Robsjohn-Gibbings for Saridis of Athens, or Jean Gillon ‘60s Jacaranda Armchairs and Sofas)

But I wonder if you could help me to identify the following ones or if you could give me a selling price (estimation of course)

no1. I wonder if it is Poul Kjaerholm table as the way the legs stick out resemble some of his designs. Then, the no.2 table has a WR sticker but cannot think of any brand. The accompanying chairs have no mark.
All, or most of these furniture, mus have been bought in 1969 in Hamburg, Germany at Bornhold. I sent them email but did not get back (just hoping).

Thank you very much for your time and contribution,

Alex

1550529763-U.png
This topic was modified 5 years ago by aim

lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
19/02/2019 7:44 am  

Welcome to Design Addict Alex,

The leather longe chair is by De Sede,model DS31.

The WR is the mark for Wilhelm Renz.

Lexi.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
19/02/2019 10:25 am  

lexi, Thank you very much! Both objects should be identifiable but no matter how much time i spent online, I could not trace their identity.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
19/02/2019 5:30 pm  

Alex,

From the limited pictures of the dining chairs that you posted (accompanying the WR table) I think they are designed by Kai Kristiansen and made by

Oddense Maskinsnedkeri A/S : see link below which ,by the way, is a wonderful resource !!

https://aleph-01.kb.dk/F/LBM23KF4RJRNI7TPQGGVUAN496AFV1IX4PUX25YUQXMRR76NNE-17905?func=full-set-set&set_number=015884&set_entry=000007&.

Lexi.

aim liked
ReplyQuote
aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
19/02/2019 9:59 pm  

lexi, really, I have no words to thank you. Really much appreciated the time you spent as well as your interest.
Yes! These are the chairs. Using the info you gave me I saw them on 1stbid. I spent hours there checking one by one all the chairs they have but could not identify them. Now with the search immediately got them :

1stbid

1550609955-Capture.png

ReplyQuote
aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
21/02/2019 3:34 pm  

There are also this consoles if someone could help :

1550759684-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
21/02/2019 3:35 pm  

... and this one...

1550759712-3.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
22/02/2019 7:00 pm  

Hi,

I am intrigued by the first console table above. It appears to be very well made.

Could you post photos of the sides of the drawers?

While you have the drawers removed you should check to see if there are any labels/marks at the back or sides or underside of drawes. This can sometimes be the place where the manufacturer has left their mark.

Also, could you take more images of the table in better light?

Lexi.

ReplyQuote
aim
 aim
(@aim-2)
23/02/2019 2:37 pm  

Hi lexi, thank you for your response.  I will try to take more pics but it is not very bright this area of the home. I did remove everything but no signs.
The second one actually has an interesting bottom part, but no signs as well.

1550929039-Capture.jpg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register