Design Addict

Cart

Any help identifyin...

Any help identifying a manufacturer/country of origin?  

RSS

alex.mcbride
(@alex-mcbride)
08/03/2024 7:32 pm  

I picked this sofa frame up today as a fixer-upper. It was sold to me by someone who had just done a house clearance but I have no information about the frame otherwise. The post running up the centre of the back seems to be quite unique to this style of frame - I thought that could potentially be a giveaway to the right person. More images linked below.

https://imgur.com/a/OaZiHr9

Cheers

This topic was modified 2 months ago by alex.mcbride

Topic Tags
stjamm
(@stjamm)
10/03/2024 5:48 pm  

Given that you're in the UK and the shape/design of the sofa, I'd guess that it is UK made.  Additionally, as it appears to be constructed of oak (potentially with a teak coloured lacquer sprayed over it) I'd imagine a manufacturer such as Scandart, Beautility, Cintique.  The fact that it's not solid afromosia makes me think it's 'less' likely to be Guy Rogers, Toothill     

It's not a model I have in my archives.  Additionally there were many many companies making suites at that time who's items weren't labelled (or of a high enough quality to encourage people in the here and now to do the necessary research) and therefore not particularly well documented, such as Austin, Furniture Productions, Birstow & Townsend, Revelese etc

lexi liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register