Cart

Walter Knoll Berlin...

Walter Knoll Berlin Chair - missing bolt  

RSS

Evanhoorn91
(@evanhoorn91)
20/01/2022 2:05 pm  

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and was hoping if someone is able to help me with the following: 

I recently bought a Berlin Chair at a sale of Mr Design ( https://www.misterdesign.nl) and after a while I noticed that a bolt was missing in the bottom part of the chair (causing the chair to squeak upon sitting on it - it only started doing so after a while, see attached photo). Unfortunately, Walter Knoll can’t help me with a replacement (of the bolt apparently) or help me any further as the chair is out of production. So my question is, would anybody have any idea of what type of bolt it is and/or if there is any way to fix this myself? If not, and if I don’t find a way to fix this, can anyone perhaps tell me if this will eventually damage the chair?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

1642684202-0FB5C08F-7C91-45A7-B306-908BB4957CAC.jpeg
This topic was modified 2 years ago by Evanhoorn91

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2022 11:25 pm  

@evanhoorn91, Suggest removing screw (I do think it would be called a screw in this case) from the corresponding location on the other side of the chair, taking it to the nearest place that sells a variety of screws and the like, and asking someone there to match it or at least properly identify an appropriate replacement so that you can continue your search online or elsewhere.

Cool chair. Welcome to the Forum!

ReplyQuote
Evanhoorn91
(@evanhoorn91)
22/01/2022 12:19 am  

Thanks for the tip, will try to remove a screw tomorrow and look for some shops nearby. Yeah really happy with the chair, managed to scoop it for a fairly good price as well 🙂 

1642807150-610DB7EE-8243-4DE1-8BA6-15F3BE839071.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register