Cart

Teak oil recommenda...

Teak oil recommendations  

RSS

frnturelvr
(@frnturelvr)
Estimable Member
23/11/2019 2:46 am  

I have a teak Skovby dining table that is in really great condition but doesn't have much of a finish on it. I'd like to put something on that's fairly durable but low maintenance. I've used Starbrite teak oil with good success on chairs in the past, but I'm not sure if it's durable enough for a dinner table. My only other consideration is I don't want something that will darken the wood if possible. Any suggestions?

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
27/11/2019 2:41 pm  

Any oil or oil-based finish will darken somewhat over time and most wood species will darken with age and as well, though excessive UV exposure can result in the opposite (sun-bleaching). If you like the look of a Danish oil finish, products containing added resins like Watco may be slightly more durable for a table or desktop that gets heavy use. The alternative is a film finish such as varnish or lacquer, or simply cleaning and re-oiling more often. I wouldn't recommend polyurethane or any synthetic resins finishes. They're tough, but much more difficult to remove, repair, or refinish should either become necessary in the future.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register