Removing mold stain...

Removing mold stain on wood  

RSS

DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
19/04/2020 10:32 am  

Hi all,

Cleaning my garage, I found a chair that I left there a few years ago and forgot to finish. With the current confinement in France I have a bit of free time and would like to finish this project.

Unfortunately it did not like being in my garage too much and there are a few mold spots on the wood (beech plywood).

Any good suggestions on how to remove those stains? I have tried white vinegar but it did not really help...

Thanks!

tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
19/04/2020 6:12 pm  

I've had trouble with this, too, but have had middling success with a 50/50 solution of water and household laundry bleach. Saturate surface and let sit 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with clean water. I've heard that hydrogen peroxide will sometimes work, though I've not tried it. Best of luck!

ReplyQuote
KennethSteven
(@kennethsteven)
21/04/2020 9:54 am  

Hi ...

It's an old chair and not used a few years so its a better option to paint it. 

in this way, all spots will remove and looks pretty.

other options are useless and time wastage, so just paint it on by urself a get help of carpenter 

thanks 

ReplyQuote
donaldsilver
(@donaldsilver)
28/04/2020 3:27 am  

Hi, I am new to this forum and since you guys are talking about furniture, I need to know how can I restore my old maple wood table top? It was like I left it in my old furniture storage unit I rented out. But I guess due to the humidity and atmosphere, it got a little bit weak and the edges are a bit soft. Color has also faded out. 

PS: I took it out and sent it at my brother's place to keep it so don't have a picture to of it to show here.

Please if there is any solution to it, let me know. Even if they are the basic fixes. 

Thanks 

ReplyQuote
hfte54
(@hfte54)
19/09/2020 12:58 am  

It was like I left it in my old furniture storage unit I rented out. But I guess due to the humidity and atmosphere, it got a little bit weak and the edges are a bit soft. Color has also faded out.

PS: I took it out and sent it at my brother's place to keep it so don't have a picture to of it to show here.

Please if there is any solution to it, let me know. Even if they are the basic fixes.

But the issue still exist on my side of that still not has been resolved.

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
10/10/2020 2:10 pm  

@DrPoulet dutch design sellers and restorers use weerwater or ontweringswater  wich is 10% oxaalzuur en 90% water (ontwering  roughly tranlates  as ' get the weather out') in fernch it is called Nettoyant degrisant  wich consist off 

10% acide oxalique an  90% water it is sold by the brand  Starwax  for exampe at the store Leroy Merlin 

or buy acide oxalique in the pharmacie and disolve 100gram   in 1 liter warm water  and aply it on the wood  wich has to be bare not laquered let in there for 15 minutes and rinse with cold water very intense no cristals should be left or they will apear later

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
11/10/2020 7:56 pm  

@wesemael. Thanks a lot for the tip. I will try this product! You can also buy oxalyc acid in shops like Leroy Merlin or Castorama, no need to go to the pharmacy (at least in France)

I have used oxalic acid once a few months ago and it works fantastic to brighten wood. If anyone reading this  is tempted to try, please make sure you wear adequate protection (gloves and goggles), this thing is nasty! Really. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register