Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
21/05/2017 6:11 am  

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
21/05/2017 6:52 am  

The dowels are long enough to fit loosely in the 4 slots under the seat frame. It is probably a 3/8" diameter dowel. And one side of the dowel is flattened a lot. This flat part goes up against the seat frame. Use a roll of Pirelli webbing. It goes around the dowel. And you cinch it tight. The flattened part of the dowel keeps the dowel from rolling in the slot and loosening the strap.

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
24/05/2017 5:47 pm  

Can you send a photo? Or draw something? Also, is Pirelli webbing what's at the link below?

http://www.fagasstraps.com/product_premium_webbing.asp

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pirelli-Rubber-Upholstery-Webbing-2-Inch-Width-T...

Also, what about Fagas Straps?

Brian

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
24/05/2017 6:00 pm  

https://www.designaddict.com/forum/Repair/Methods-for-fixturing-Pirelli-w...

Fagas straps are pre-cut in the factory with the sheet metal embedded into the ends. They are designed for the later seat frame support system with continuous 45 degree groove cuts. Your chair has the earlier frame support design of three holes on each side, for which Fagas straps do not work.

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
24/05/2017 11:59 pm  

I this "pirelli" webbing then? or are there knockoffs?

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2017 6:32 am  

The 2" Pirelli webbing looks right.

I can't seem to find a photo of the bottom of a Selig chair with the cinch tight straps right now, but this detail might help. You can see the end of the strap going down through the hole and coming back up. What you can't see from the top is the flat sided dowel underneath that the strap loop around.

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
25/05/2017 6:34 am  

Does the flat part of the dowel face up or down?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2017 5:40 pm  

It has to face the front or back if its purpose is to keep the dowel from rolling.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2017 6:05 pm  

It looks like you are thinking the dowels are about 2" long and that there would be one dowel per strap end. This is incorrect.

There are 4 dowels total. They fit into the 4 shallow grooves on the underside of the seat frame. The flat part sits up against the seat frame. Thus the dowel can not roll in the groove.

Does this make sense?

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
25/05/2017 6:38 pm  

I can't see it too well. Two dowels per end? I did find this photo however. Is this what you were talking about?

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
25/05/2017 6:41 pm  

I can't see it too well. Two dowels per end? I did find this photo however. Is this what you were talking about?

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
25/05/2017 6:41 pm  

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2017 10:40 pm  

Nope.

Look at the first image you posted on this thread. Shows the underside of the seat frame.

Observe that there is a groove along each bottom side of the frame; so there are 4 grooves in total. The through holes for the straps are inside these grooves.

The 4 dowels fit inside these 4 grooves. The flat of the dowel rests in the groove; thus the dowel can not spin.

ReplyQuote
Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
25/05/2017 10:52 pm  

Ah! So it's one long dowel per groove (per side of the chair)? It seems like it would be tricky to get the straps around the dowel and then tighten it down. Am I wrong? Also would you know the circumference of the dowel needed?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register