Kofod Larsen Spear ...

Kofod Larsen Spear Chair straps  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

Bermannyc
(@bermannyc)
Eminent Member
22/12/2017 5:36 pm  

Can you attach a photo of the bottom of the chair?

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
22/12/2017 8:56 pm  

Here is the bottom. Restrapped using the dowels I made.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/12/2017 4:00 pm  

looks good. Instead of 12 short single strap dowels, originally it would have had only 4 dowels, each the full length of the groove underneath. So 3 strap ends would wrap around each dowel. Just for the record.

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
30/12/2017 11:33 pm  

Just for the record, Leif, do you think it is more difficult to mount the 3 straps if you have only one dowel, rather that a strap for each as shown here? That's what I would expect.

Leif, I have also another question for you that I'm keeping since a while: I find the system of the elastic webbing very smart and super easy to replace. I think that combined with a teak frame of good quality, a chair will last very long. But then I recently worked (and still I am) on a Grete Jalk armchair made by france and sons, and I cannot understand why they did not adopted the same system of the elastic webbing. It's so much more elegant that using nails and metal eeee springs. You very often find the same Jalk chair where they have replaced the eeeee springs with tissue webbing and a lot of staples. Very unpleasant solution, which would not have occurred if elastic webbing were there in the first place.

Thank you for your opinion on this and best wishes for the New Year.

Ernest.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
31/12/2017 6:04 am  

It is probably easier to use 4 long dowels than 12 little ones. The first straps you put on hold the rest in place, so you don't need extra hands for that. Not much difference either way. I just prefer to do things exactly as they were done originally.

Both France and S

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
23/01/2018 7:51 pm  

My parents bought this pair of chairs in 1955 so it

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working