Design Addict

Cart

Egg Chair Swivel Me...

Egg Chair Swivel Mechanism  

RSS

(@setho212)
Eminent Member
07/11/2019 1:59 am  

I recently acquired a used Egg chair. I am confident it is an original as it has brown Fritz Hansen labels on the cushion as well as on the chair under where the cushion rests. It also has a Fritz Hansen label on the bottom of the chair and is inscribed with a serial number and place of manufacturing (Poland) on the underside of the base.

Unfortunately, the chair does not swivel. The label indicates the chair was manufactured in 2013. Based on the fact that I am unable to find a hole on the bottom of the chair I do not believe that this is a tilting model. I was under the impression that modern Egg chairs were with tilting models or auto-return swiveling model. Did Fritz Hansen produce non-swiveling chairs in 2013 (or ever)?

If the chair is intended to swivel and does not is it possible to have the chair repaired and how much is this going to cost me?

Design Addict Team
(@designaddict_team)
14/11/2019 5:48 pm  

Dear setho212,

If you believe it needs to be repaired you can contact https://www.design-restoration-spares.com  where you will find all you need. We hope this was useful!

All the best,

Design Addict Team

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register