Design Addict

Cart

Disassemble a Time ...

Disassemble a Time Life Lobby Chair  

RSS

speculoos_spread
(@user_205)
24/10/2021 4:30 am  

Hi there, I'm trying to dissemble my Time Life Lobby Chair so I can get the cushions reupholstered. Unfortunately, I'm running into 2 issues in the process:

1. I can't figure out how to  remove the armrests. It's my understanding that I should be able to just "push" forward and they'll detach, but neither one will budge at all.
  2. I can't figure out how to remove the base. This isn't the executive desk chair version, so it doesn't have the obvious tilt mechanism on the underside. It's basically just a pole that runs from the legs directly into the seat base.

Pic of underside included for reference. Thanks!

1635042606-IMG_3833-min.jpg

Topic Tags
design-restorat...
(@design-restorat)
Eminent Member
27/10/2021 5:48 pm  

The armrest have some kind of keyhole, you need to push it to front (or back...., can't remember from here)

1635349733-eames-lobby-chair-armrest-cushion-for-es104-es105-es108-vitra-2.jpg

ReplyQuote
speculoos_spread
(@user_205)
27/10/2021 7:25 pm  
Posted by: design-restorat...

The armrest have some kind of keyhole, you need to push it to front (or back...., can't remember from here)

1635349733-eames-lobby-chair-armrest-cushion-for-es104-es105-es108-vitra-2.jpg

Yep, tried both ways and it's just not budging. Odd.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
27/10/2021 8:16 pm  

@user_205,

Wrap a block of wood in a towel, place it against one end of the armrest, and give it a good whack with a hammer. If still no luck, try from the other end. I think I remember someone here on the forum saying to push forward from the rear to remove, but I'm not 100% certain about that...

As for the seat post, there should be a 'C'-shaped retaining ring or spring-clip accessible from the underside of the cast aluminum base. Sometimes it's helpful to use a special tool made to remove these. Your local automotive repair shop could probably lend you one or, better yet, remove it for you in under 5-minutes. Wear eye protection if you try this yourself!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register