Cart

Google is frighteni...

Google is frightening..  

RSS

Fungus Mungus (USA)
(@fungus-mungus-usa)
Noble Member
14/07/2019 10:33 pm  

OK, so I just picked up two minty Eames aluminum group lounges from CL a week or so ago. Yesterday, I busted out an old Lowy & Koch floor lamp (a junk yard find from ages ago) and cleaned it up and set it up with the pair of Eames chairs. I took a pic...came out nice.

1563136475-eames-lowykoch.jpg

Out of curiosity, I do some searching on Lowy & Koch and find a couple of links selling my lamp for way too much money (1stdibs.com anyone?). This was on my laptop. I'm signed into my Gmail account.

Later in the evening, my wife gets this ad from a Japanese website she's browsing on her phone, logged into HER personal gmail account...

1563136422-Image-1.jpeg
This topic was modified 5 years ago 3 times by Fungus Mungus (USA)

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
18/07/2019 10:19 pm  

You don‘t know how they do it. But they seem to do it.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

john3333 liked
ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
23/07/2019 8:18 pm  

I just finished “The Circle” by Dave Eggers.  Recommended!!

john3333 liked
ReplyQuote
fleur-du-mal
(@fleur-du-mal)
05/02/2020 7:31 am  

I guess that's because you're using the same network.
Still, that's creepy.

I'm a registered google user, but that means I always have the option of not signing in. When you don't sign in but instead just go to google and search for something, google can't track you. They can, theoretically, track your IP address, but that is NOT the same thing as tracking YOU and your searching history. That will help you to deal with targeted ad. 

- Mel

ReplyQuote
fsaldicco
(@fsaldicco)
07/02/2020 12:09 pm  

Frightening, indeed.

A possible mitigation is to avoid using Google to perform searches and move to non-tracking engines, as DuckDuckGo ( https://duckduckgo.com ).

ReplyQuote
chloedecker2013
(@chloedecker2013)
12/06/2020 3:28 pm  
Posted by: Fungus Mungus (USA)

OK, so I just picked up two minty Eames aluminum group lounges from CL a week or so ago. Yesterday, I busted out an old Lowy & Koch floor lamp (a junk yard find from ages ago) and cleaned it up and set it up with the pair of Eames chairs. I took a pic...came out nice.

1563136475-eames-lowykoch.jpg

Out of curiosity, I do some searching on Lowy & Koch and find a couple of links selling my lamp of shirt for way too much money (1stdibs.com anyone?). This was on my laptop for astroworld . I'm signed into my Gmail account.

Later in the evening, my wife gets this ad from a Japanese website she's browsing on her phone, logged into HER personal gmail account...

1563136422-Image-1.jpeg

I guess that's because you're using the same network.

ReplyQuote
henryadams678
(@henryadams678)
02/08/2020 9:04 am  

google search is really frightenning. I've been looking for ideas for home theater in the basement... ended up reading an article "why australians hate Starbucks"

lmao

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register