Who else is here?

Who else is here?  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
30/08/2019 10:47 am  

Why did you go, where have you been and why did you come back?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Fungus Mungus (USA)
(@fungus-mungus-usa)
Noble Member
03/09/2019 8:51 am  

Why I left: had child, had to stop acquiring, got into cars again, thus projects.

Where have I been: raising a child, building a project RX-7 and Lancia Scorpion.

Why did I come back: child can fend for herself (mostly), RX-7 is done, Lancia is almost done. I sold my Eames lounge. Missed it. Bought a couple of aluminum group lounges. Love them. Missed you guys. Came back.

Good to be home.

fm

ReplyQuote
fleur-du-mal
(@fleur-du-mal)
05/02/2020 7:44 am  

Been reading for a while, then lost my account, left and finally decided to come back.

- Mel

ReplyQuote
johadib88
(@johadib88)
16/07/2020 5:40 pm  

I am newbie here and just joined the forum.

ReplyQuote
Oserymolt
(@oserymolt)
27/09/2020 9:41 pm  

Hey, I am Oserymolt. Just joined the community 

ReplyQuote
DesignGirl2021
(@designgirl2021)
14/12/2020 8:18 pm  

Hi all. New member here. This was the closest I could find to an 'introduce yourself' thread so thought I'd say hi. I'm based in the UK and am a collector and dealer. I collect British 1950's such as Robin Day, Ernest Race and the Reid's and am also interested in modernist \ brutalist architecture and classic cars of the 1960s. I'll be posting some ID threads and also hopefully I'll be able to help people out with theirs. Best wishes, Sarah 

ReplyQuote
still_c
(@still_c)
18/12/2020 6:03 am  

I'm new and happy to be here

ReplyQuote
Big Television Man
(@big-television-man)
Famed Member
03/03/2021 5:42 pm  

Back after a six and a half year absence and actually re-entered over on the DA Old-timers thread and provided most of the info/reasons/etc as to why MIA, activities (busy) and questions (who's still around from the crowd who all seemed to join on 10 May, 2010)

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
03/03/2021 6:12 pm  

@big-television-man. It would appear I am a member of that "club". I cannot remember when I first joined but in the last few years there have been a number of changes/upgrades, call it what you will and I personally had to "re-register" at some point as my sign-in details did not work .

I did notice at some stage that a lot of the members , including me, were assigned that particular date, following one of the aforementioned  events in the recent history of this Forum.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
11/03/2021 9:56 am  

There are other members, like me, who officially joined on 30. November -0001. It certainly feels like eternity, but I'm pretty positive that I am not THAT long around.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

tktoo2 liked
ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
27/03/2021 8:03 pm  

Yes, I've apparently been here a long time, but I don't feel quite worthy of that 'Illustrious' status, when some others here were adorning the threads with the knowledge for nearing a decade before me.

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
29/04/2021 7:13 pm  

What the hell is this bot talking about?

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
29/04/2021 8:12 pm  

@herringbone.  "botsh*t; my adaptation of the word "batsh*t, which was the first word that came to mind. ( apologies for using a vulgar/slang phrase)

Balderdash would also do nicely.( a more politically correct word and in my case more ladylike) Mumpitz in German.; 

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
30/04/2021 6:30 pm  

@lexi Did we ever discuss the beautiful German word Mumpitz? How come you know it? In the German version of Sesame Street, the Amazing Mumford is called „der Große Mumpitz“, which is a pretty good name for a bad magician. Anyway, I finally have managed to contact somebody responsible for the forum, and some of the most annoying threads have since disappeared. (Magically). I hope that we also can ged rid of Mr. Flintoff and his colleagues this way.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
30/04/2021 7:26 pm  

@herringbone. I just did a Google translate for "balderdash". Mumpitz... such a great word. I will use it from now on.

For example ; what a load of "mumpitz". 😊 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register