DA old timers

DA old timers  

Page 69 / 112
  RSS

Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 5:30 pm  

Italians make good floor lamps too. I need to bite the bullet and get an articulated Italian floor lamp.
So far I have Kurt Versen, Ben Seibel, Mitchell Bobrick, George Nelson, Hannes Wettstein, Bill Curry, and a host of others, but no Italians (and they are probably the best when it comes to articulated floor lamps!)
I CRAVE ICONIC LIGHT SOURCES that pose as great sculpture in the daytime.
But at night is when they come alive, and the light IS the true sculpture. At that point the iconic nature of the lamps matters not. I am open to suggestions. I like perforation.
Congrats on the new Mini, Mark!

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 5:52 pm  

You guys are making me miss my old wagon that got totaled, because this:

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 6:13 pm  

Because . . . you cut away the side of your wagon to show the world that your chesterfield would fit behind the front seats ? Because you sideswiped a moving van and they came after you (for daring to do your own moving) and TORE the rest of the side of your car off -- then sat on your sofa and ruined it with cigar smoke ?
Help me out here . . .
(Sorry -- I'm off to do a hard day's night in the shop -- serious rush order. Wish me luck.)

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 6:31 pm  

Yes! All of the above!
I actually did put a few sofas in my car. Not all at once, but on at least three different occasions---plus tons of other stuff. Then I got my current CR-V which supposedly has about the same cargo capacity, but because the seats can't be folded down flat without losing a bunch of floor (?) length, it's not nearly as useful and my sofa-transporting days are over.
I used to have a short video of my son careening down our sloped driveway on a sofa on casters, though. But the sofa didn't have a motor or steering mechanism so, sadly, it could not be used as a car itself.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 6:55 pm  

I miss my old El Camino for the same reasons… No more nabbing the big stuff at the thrift shops and flea markets for me. These days there is hardly any more good big stuff at the thrift shops around here anyway, and I don't even have any room left, so no biggie.
Besides, the El Camino smoked when I started it up, and smelled like gasoline (inside) during operation. A true rattletrap. But it looked cool, and I still miss it for dump runs.
And yes, all the SUV's seem big on the outside and small on the inside. Ridiculous huh….
OH and SOME Thurston lamps are pretty cool too. I am restoring a beat up old Cricket Lamp at the moment… The super reductive clean forms are my favorite when it comes to lighting.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
20/08/2016 7:46 pm  

HI!
This is my wagon train.
Hi,
Aunt Mark
ps __.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2016 6:44 pm  

maxed out on minis
Mark now has wagon buffet
and a red-meat truck
SDR rush job
maybe pulled an all-nighter?
hope no fuzzy math
my Volvo wagon
had bad automatic and
ball joint broke at Zim's

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2016 7:06 pm  

Hee-hee ! Happy Sunday . . .
My ancient Civic's alternator finally quit, yesterday, just after I finished my last shopping for the project. Towed to my mechanic by good old AAA.

ReplyQuote
Eameshead
(@eameshead)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2016 8:13 pm  

Glad it lasted long enough SDR,
I too am the proud owner of a Civic ( 2010 EX Coupe w sunroof) Had to get a black one so as to enhance what was addmittedly a less than exciting design. The look is aging well enough though, as I am appalled by most of the newer car designs. So many now are over-articulated jumbles un-needed riffs. ( But thankfully both of Mark's Mini's have stayed with clean and simple looks)
I would go on and on about how Hondas have never stranded me once in 30 years, but that would be in bad taste at the moment...
I HATE car issues, so I hope you're back on the road in no time!
PS Ray has a 2010 Accord Coupe. My "other" car sometimes, since Ray doesn't drive much.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2016 8:23 pm  

Aww! the first real car that we ever got was a Civic wagon, way back in 1981. It seemed like a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud at the time, even though it didn't have AC (wtf were we thinking?! In Baltimore?!) I can't remember why we got rid of it--maybe that's why?

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
21/08/2016 11:58 pm  

Why hello!
The newer MINI will give me an excuse to part with the Mercedes wagon...and buy another car.
and
~ I love the snappy of SDR's sweet little "Honda-cum-roof rack" parked so close to that old Hemi Dodge. Christ, I'd like a ride in an old Polaris (or Fury?)...fast and drunk.
~ I don't think that I've ever driven a Honda...or was driven. Good machines I understand.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
22/08/2016 12:18 am  

and it's such a lovely day today.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
22/08/2016 3:24 am  

Good machines, indeed.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
22/08/2016 3:48 am  

Yup, and that's not even all that unusual.
Fingers crossed that mine is still around at 300K!

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
22/08/2016 4:55 am  

Heh. Just had to shoot the photo with your foot on the pedal, didn't you ? Or was the car really moving at the time ??
I'm waiting for the Minis (such great little designs) to have taillights that engulf the entire rear of the car. They're headed that way !
Yours look great, Mark. Keep on . . .

ReplyQuote
Page 69 / 112
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register